Carnival called last nigh offering balcony below employee cost we cruise in 4 days??

jschafer6161

good point! I've called them, hopefully I will hear from them soon. We booked a IS guaranty cabin, our room right now is 8243. not sure what they will upgrade us to and not entirely sure I want a balcony cabin as we have 6 and 8 year olds going with us.

Thank you. What is interline? We paid $509/369 for 4 of us... so that's even cheaper than we got it. they are probably gone!

Interline are special rates for airline employees. Essentially it encourages flight attendants and pilots that have 4 or 5 days off to use their free travel benefits to get to the port and then take a really cheap cruise. It is a way for Carnival to fill empty rooms last minute.

I talked to them. They have 2 suites, both w/jacuzzi tubs with private balconies and would be about $350 extra per room per week. not sure I want to do that.

That's $350 additional over and above the origional price poster paid. Not a good deal at all. Not an upgrade, it's an upsale.

That's $350 additional over and above the origional price poster paid. Not a good deal at all. Not an upgrade, it's an upsale.

I'd say the OP got a great deal. On the website, it's showing a difference of $830 between interior & suite cabins for this sailing. It may not be an upgrade, but an upsell for $350 is still a pretty sweet deal!

Congrats jschafer6161-enjoy your suite:)

I did it!!! First balcony ever.

BEWARE! You will get VERY spoiled. Our first cruise was in a balcony cabin, and we've never looked back! The only change we've made to our cabin type is to get a bigger cabin with a balcony!:rolleyes:

BEWARE! You will get VERY spoiled. Our first cruise was in a balcony cabin, and we've never looked back! The only change we've made to our cabin type is to get a bigger cabin with a balcony!:rolleyes:
We are now 'balcony snobs' as well.. ;) EXCEPT.. we are doing the opposite.. :o Smaller cabin, bigger balcony in most cases!!:D

Love those 9A aft/wraps...:p

Going from an IS GTY to a suite for $350 is the best deal I have heard of. Yes it is an up sell and not an upgrade but you obviously do not understand pricing.

Thank you all so much!!! I've decided to keep it a secret from my DH and kids and suprise them! I've almost slipped twice!!! It will be nice to have all this extra room with our luggage/kids, etc. I'll probably never want to go back to an inside room again!

Thank you all so much!!! I've decided to keep it a secret from my DH and kids and suprise them! I've almost slipped twice!!! It will be nice to have all this extra room with our luggage/kids, etc. I'll probably never want to go back to an inside room again!

What a nice surprise for your family!!! I'm happy for you. :) Enjoy your cruise.

Archived