NCL Is Giving To Us

AFT_LOVER

When you purchase travel insurance thru NCL when you book a cruise, you will be protected if you lose your job & they will refund your money. I give them a THUMBS UP for that!

They are also constructing a Welcome Booklet that will be sent to you 60 days before your cruise. This is personalizing pre-cruise information by customizing its 21-page booklet with the passenger’s name, ship and sailing date, stateroom number and travel agency. Shore excursion information pertains to the itinerary, luggage tags are pre-printed with the passenger name and stateroom number, and deck plans for the specific ship show the location of the stateroom. In addition, the booklet gives advice on cruising, on-board amenities, bon voyage gifts and packages, and tells what to pack.

This is great help for a first time cruiser & the rest of us, not bad to remind us.

When we bought our travel insurance for our upcoming cruise - I made 100% sure that any pre-existing conditions would be covered and also that we had "cancel for any reason" coverage.

The Welcome Booklet is a neat idea and we received ours yesterday for our April cruise. New cruisers will find in pamphlet form much of the information that's already on the web - for DH and I the best thing was the preprinted luggage tags (I love preprinted luggage tags!).:D

Sorry but we booked thru NCL 3 times, each time buying NCL's insurance (the last time was premium one), we never got anything more than edocs and paper luggage tags.

Maybe living outside the USA has its disadvantages. One advantage is that we are able to book direct to NCL and pay US prices.

Sorry but we booked thru NCL 3 times, each time buying NCL's insurance (the last time was premium one), we never got anything more than edocs and paper luggage tags.

Maybe living outside the USA has its disadvantages. One advantage is that we are able to book direct to NCL and pay US prices.

This is all brand new that they are offering and doing. Book another cruise and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

I cant wait for my Welcome Booklet cause then the weather will be nice and the cruise that much closer!!!!:D

When you purchase travel insurance thru NCL when you book a cruise, you will be protected if you lose your job & they will refund your money. I give them a THUMBS UP for that!

They are also constructing a Welcome Booklet that will be sent to you 60 days before your cruise. This is personalizing pre-cruise information by customizing its 21-page booklet with the passenger’s name, ship and sailing date, stateroom number and travel agency. Shore excursion information pertains to the itinerary, luggage tags are pre-printed with the passenger name and stateroom number, and deck plans for the specific ship show the location of the stateroom. In addition, the booklet gives advice on cruising, on-board amenities, bon voyage gifts and packages, and tells what to pack.

This is great help for a first time cruiser & the rest of us, not bad to remind us.

When times are getting tough for so many people this will certainly be peace of mind for alot of cruisers. I wonder if this has made NCL's premiums go up a bit more. A good new booklet will be a blessing for old & new cruisers alike.

The added benefit to NCL insurance is at no additional cost to the consumer. Premium is still the same for standard or platinum level insurance.

We received a terrific packet of information for our first cruise. Then for the next two it wasn't the same. We were happy that we kept our packet from the first cruise which we used as a reference.

This sounds like a terrific improvement and I for one, am very happy to see it happen. With the current economy, there are far fewer dollars/pounds/etc. out there being spent on cruises. The customers/guests that are able to sail should be treated like better than gold!

Thanks for posting this information.

I'm confused. We have sailed on four NCL cruises and on all four we got welcome packets that were just as described on this thread. I swear I am not posting this as snippant.. I just honestly am confused as to what is new.

We have always received a welcome pkt also, but it sounds like this new pkt has been revised a bit. Will find out on our next cruise.

I see one poster says Ins. prem. goes up while another poster says it's no additional cost to the consumer-:confused:---time for more research.

I'm confused. We have sailed on four NCL cruises and on all four we got welcome packets that were just as described on this thread. I swear I am not posting this as snippant.. I just honestly am confused as to what is new.

We never got anything, nothing, nada, nyet, rien, not even luggage tags.:(

you are aware of course that the added insurance costs extra.

"The enhanced travel protection plan is available starting at $29, depending on the cruise fare paid."

The $29 is the standard travel protection which now inlcudes job loss. The added insurance is included in teh rate which did not increase. I think that is great!!

I just recieved my welcome booklet from NCL today. It is pre-printed with luggage tags inside and our names and all info on the outside. We did not purchase trip insurance and we used an online TA. We sail on 3/16/09.

Don't know if this is something new or not but its not because you purchase trip insurance thru NCL. :)

Guess I should add I did the online check in through NCL maybe thats where the free booklet comes from??

Archived