Table size Murder Mystery & wine dinner

gdpups

We have a girls cruise (10 ladies) in April on the Mariner and was wondering if the Murder Mystery and the wine dinner are at large tables??? One of the ladies asked a RCI rep and they said there are only tables of 2 or 4 for those dinners. Doesn't sound right to me!!! Of course we'd all like to sit at one table for both dinners.

We have a girls cruise (10 ladies) in April on the Mariner and was wondering if the Murder Mystery and the wine dinner are at large tables??? One of the ladies asked a RCI rep and they said there are only tables of 2 or 4 for those dinners. Doesn't sound right to me!!! Of course we'd all like to sit at one table for both dinners.

I was wondering same thing we are group of 10 and were told tables were 6 and 4 so we will wait and see. This is what we booked and are hoping they will put the two together.It is a regular night at Chops not Mystery.We are also going in April the 26th how about you ?

I was in a party of two for the Murder Mystery Dinner and was seated with other guests at a table of 8 on my November Mariner cruise. Speaking as a fine dining restaurant employee- a "10-top" should be more than doable for an event like that.

We had dinner in Portofino while on our Adventure cruise last year and they had the place set up with two tables of 10. The two groups were showing up later in the evening.

I think you just have to call and ask. One of the selling points about the specialty restaurants is the service, and they may feel they can't provide the great service if they have a really big group, while the rest of the tables are smaller, so that could be why they limit the table size (just my opinion, I really don't know). But I feel it certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but you should do it well in advance, to give them adequate time to accomodate the request not only with the table size, but also with the staffing.

Ann

When we did this the tables were not in the normal configuration. They were set up so that there will be larger groups at each table to encourage participation. Unless something is changed you will not have to ask for a larger table. Just ask to be seated together.

. . . We are also going in April the 26th how about you ?

My group of 10 ladies is going on April 26th too, small world!!! . .

Hey you guys! Have you joined the roll call? If not, check it out here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=552713&page=326

This is the last page but you have to start somewhere. :)

Also, don't forget to register for the M&M. Looking forward to seeing you onboard.

Hey you guys! Have you joined the roll call? If not, check it out here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=552713&page=326

This is the last page but you have to start somewhere. :)

Also, don't forget to register for the M&M. Looking forward to seeing you onboard.

All signed up and counting the days! This will be our 7th time to Mexico but not on the Mariner can't wait see you there ! Ruth

Archived