Will the ship wait for you in port if you're late?

TravlGrl

I went on the Diamond Princess in May for an Alaskan Cruise and saw firsthand what happens when someone is late for boarding. I was on my balcony when we were ready to leave Juneau and I heard someone yelling "help". When I looked down, I saw a women hurrying toward the ship. I heard someone say it was too late, the ship left. I thought he was kidding because I could feel we weren't moving and saw we were still next to the dock. Just when this was unfolding, the ship started to pull away from the dock. I would have thought there would have been some way for her to get on the ship, but I guess not. The "all aboard" time was 3:30 pm and she got to the ship at about 4:10 pm. A lesson for us all, they really will leave without you, even when you're right on the dock. I've posted pics and video in the travel section on RealESO dot com if you're interested.

My late grandmother wasn't very mobile and started to do less and less. We had a terrible thunderstorm and we were hearing reports of funnel clouds on hubby's fire/police scanner. We got her down the stairs and we all stayed in the basement until the storm passed. I brought a chair down so she'd be comfortable. We no sooner get upstairs then we're hearing a funnel cloud 8 miles down the road. We say to her, off to the basement. She tells us no way. She asks my hubby where do I go - he says into the bathroom. She plunks down on the couch refusing to go in basement with us. We're down there when we could see a lightning streak followed immediately by a deafening boom. I hear what sounds like running from our living room to the bathroom. When the danger was over we were laughing so hard we were crying.

So in my mind I'm picturing your mom sprinting out of that wheelchair saying to herself I'll be damned if they're going to leave me!!!:D

Fastest, in my whole life, that I ever saw (or should say HEARD) my Grandma run

Spacewoman, I am lol!!! God Bless her heart! :D

D

Archived