does carnival pack lunch boxes for tours?

pbc1

I've been reading about some cruise lines that will pack you a box lunch when you leave the ship. Does Carnival do this? That would be sweet to take to the beach.:)

Maybe to a place like Half Moon Cay, but there are restrictions on food brought off ship into foreign countries, never any fruit, water and some sealed packs are OK (chips, granola bars)

I've been reading about some cruise lines that will pack you a box lunch when you leave the ship. Does Carnival do this? That would be sweet to take to the beach.:)

More like a brown bag lunch-a cold cuts sandwich with chips if you're lucky!

When we were in Puerta Vallarta a few years ago, we were going to the water park and didn't want to be locked in to eating the food there. We ordered BLT's with chips through room service ahead of time and took it in a back pack. Worked out great. Just remember to throw some zippy bags in your suitcase from home!

Most countries prohibit bringing unpackaged food into the country, so getting a sandwich from the deli or taking something from the Lido would probably violate these laws. You can usually take prepackaged foods, like small bags of chips.

I have seen trash cans at the foot of the gangway, filled with fruit and sandwiches that passengers tried to take ashore. The ship's security staff was making passengers dump their illicit food. They weren't searching bags or purses, so I suppose that some pax were successful in smuggling food ashore.

Such laws are in place (the U.S. has them, too) to protect agricultural crops, which can be devastated by foreign bugs, with no natural enemies in their new environment. That is how the Mediteranean Fruit fly got into California twenty or thirty years ago. It continues to damage crops there.

Paul

The simple answer is NO. Most places it would be illegal for ANY cruiseline to do this. For a passenger to smuggle food off the ship is........."Smuggling!"

If a tour is of a duration requiring lunch, it would be at a local eatery.

[Private Islands excepted as the crew brings food from the ship and cooks it on the island.]

Dan

The simple answer is NO. Most places it would be illegal for ANY cruiseline to do this. For a passenger to smuggle food off the ship is........."Smuggling!"

If a tour is of a duration requiring lunch, it would be at a local eatery.

[Private Islands excepted as the crew brings food from the ship and cooks it on the island.]

Dan

We never knew anything was wrong with what we did. No one said a thing and we did not take any fruit off the ship. If we were trying to hide our sandwiches we would have been smuggling.... I suppose :confused:

Some excursions come with a boxed lunch. When I travelled Princess, the boxed lunch was furnished by the local tour operator. I presume that is the case with Carnival too.

Some excursion include a meal, these are clearly marked on the excursion section of the website.

We never knew anything was wrong with what we did. No one said a thing and we did not take any fruit off the ship. If we were trying to hide our sandwiches we would have been smuggling.... I suppose :confused:

On every cruise I've been on, right before you walk off, there is a sign that tells you what you CANNOT take off the ship and a trash can beneath it that has fruit, sandwiches, etc in it. So, we knew, of course I knew beforehand. Heck, even in the US, there used to be states you couldn't enter with fresh produce due to infestations that can totally destroy crops.

If our excursion doesn't include a meal, we buy one.

More like a brown bag lunch-a cold cuts sandwich with chips if you're lucky!

No, Carnival does not provide bag lunches......for anyone under any circumstances.. The only time food is offered off the ship is when they have a food event ashore....such as Half Moon.

Some tours may include a lunch or some food.....but that is provided by the tour operator, not the ship.

You're not permitted to bring food from the ship anyway.....the exceptions being packaged foods such as chips, granola bars, packages of cookies, etc.

When we were in Puerta Vallarta a few years ago, we were going to the water park and didn't want to be locked in to eating the food there. We ordered BLT's with chips through room service ahead of time and took it in a back pack. Worked out great. Just remember to throw some zippy bags in your suitcase from home!

So, you chose to totally ignore the agricultural laws of Mexico and the rules on the ship, clearly posted, that you aren't permitted to take food ashore?

Nice play.

Amazing...simply amazing...international laws are in place to protect local crops and livestock (remember hoof and mouth disease in England a few years back?) and some of you see no problem with violating those laws on a regular basis. Ever wonder how Meditteranean fruit flies got here, or fire ants, or kudzu, or snake-head fish? They got here because of the idiots who think it's ok violate international laws! :mad:

So' date=' you chose to totally ignore the agricultural laws of Mexico and the rules on the ship, clearly posted, that you aren't permitted to take food ashore?

Nice play.[/quote']

Do you really think that I would post a comment stating that I intentionally broke the rules, and then subject myself to the chastisement of posters like you? If you had continued reading the posts, you would have seen that I said we were not aware that it was wrong and we did not take any fruit. Whether you believe this or not is up to you. Just for the record; I humbly apologize for putting the country of Mexico in harms way 4 years ago by taking 4 BLT's to the water park in Puerta Vallarta. I am not a malicious or hateful person because of it. Maybe clueless...probably clueless, definitely sorry.

Thanks for your kindness and understanding "grandma".

Amazing...simply amazing...international laws are in place to protect local crops and livestock (remember hoof and mouth disease in England a few years back?) and some of you see no problem with violating those laws on a regular basis. Ever wonder how Meditteranean fruit flies got here, or fire ants, or kudzu, or snake-head fish? They got here because of the idiots who think it's ok violate international laws! :mad:

So sad that most people are oblivious and so many of the ones that aren't don't care. We rented a cabin a few weeks ago at a state park here in VA - there are huge notices everywhere on your booking notice, the website and at the park entrance that bringing your own firewood into the park is prohibited to to a pest being brought in (Emerald Ash Borer maybe?). Pulled up to our cabin and watched the people across the street open the back of their van and pull a sheet off the stacks of firewood - they knew it was wrong because they were talking about how the sheet hid it from the rangers coming in. :mad::mad::mad:

My DH works in horticulture and sees some of these pests regulary - insect and plant wise.

Ever wonder how Meditteranean fruit flies got here, or fire ants, or kudzu, or snake-head fish? They got here because of the idiots who think it's ok violate international laws! :mad:

Well to be fair. Kudzu was brought over by the states for a quick growing cattle food and later it was encouraged in use to fight soil erosion.

Well to be fair. Kudzu was brought over by the states for a quick growing cattle food and later it was encouraged in use to fight soil erosion.

But, it was ALLOWED to enter the US.

Think Japanese Beetles if you want to know a most destructive pest. It has devistated crops, plants, fruit trees, shrubs, vines and other greenery and, even though they are somewhat under control, they are still a growing population. From Japan - where it's natural prey is located - this nasty bug was brought ashore in the early teens and was found in a nursery.

Do you really think that I would post a comment stating that I intentionally broke the rules, and then subject myself to the chastisement of posters like you? If you had continued reading the posts, you would have seen that I said we were not aware that it was wrong and we did not take any fruit. Whether you believe this or not is up to you. Just for the record; I humbly apologize for putting the country of Mexico in harms way 4 years ago by taking 4 BLT's to the water park in Puerta Vallarta. I am not a malicious or hateful person because of it. Maybe clueless...probably clueless, definitely sorry.

Thanks for your kindness and understanding "grandma".

How could you miss? It's in the Carnival Capers - every port day...and signage all over the place on the way to - and located at - the disembarkation point?

Well, now you know........

How could you miss? It's in the Carnival Capers - every port day...and signage all over the place on the way to - and located at - the disembarkation point?

Well' date=' now you know........[/quote']

OK G'MA...you made your point. You are now "kicking a dead horse" which of course if left unattended and unburied (or brought into an American port) could potentially endanger the lives of the entire US population. Bury the horse G'MA.....and, more importantly, stop being a smug bully!! Leave her alone!

Archived