Where to purchase beer, soda & water in Vancouver

Party Teacher

Anyone know where is the least expensive place to purchase beer, soda & water near Canada Place in Vancouver? We will be depending on our hotel shuttle for transportation to the ship. We're staying at the Metropolitan.

Thanks!

PT

BC Liquor at 1120 Alberni Street (Corner of Thurlow and Alberni) for your beer and soda

The soda and water cheapest at 'London Drugs' corner of West Georgia and Granville.:)

Costco ( If you have a membership USA or Canada) 605, Expo Boulevard for water.

The closest liquor store to Canada Place is actually the BC Liquor store in Harbour Centre, about 3 blocks east of Canada Place on Cordova St. The one at Thurlow and Alberni is further away but has the advantage of being open on Sundays which the other one doesn't. London Drugs would be my choice for bottled water and soda but it is about a 7 block walk to Canada Place. By the way beer and alcoholic products are very expensive in Canada and BC like 12 beer will be in the range of $20....its a sin tax that kills us.:mad: So purchase just enough to last you until your first stop in Alaska would be my advice.;)

The closest liquor store to Canada Place is actually the BC Liquor store in Harbour Centre, about 3 blocks east of Canada Place on Cordova St. The one at Thurlow and Alberni is further away but has the advantage of being open on Sundays which the other one doesn't. London Drugs would be my choice for bottled water and soda but it is about a 7 block walk to Canada Place. By the way beer and alcoholic products are very expensive in Canada and BC like 12 beer will be in the range of $20....its a sin tax that kills us.:mad: So purchase just enough to last you until your first stop in Alaska would be my advice.;)

The OP stated they were staying at he Met (Georgia and Howe) so both the suggested liquor store and London Drugs are closest and within an easy walking distance. Costco would be a schlep - and keep in mind that Costco does not sell booze.

Archived