Is there a charge for bingo on the ship?

BabySam99

Hey All,

Another dumb question comin at ya. Is there a charge to play bingo on the Encahntment? I have a couple of older people going with me that love bingo and want to play. They asked me this question and I didnt know what to tell them, alol these months on the boards and never ran across this question. Thanks! :)

This is a big money maker for the cruise lines. Be careful, I witnessed a women and her young son losing out of a final jackpot because an experienced crew member called another number AFTER the women yelled bingo. Several passengers protested but this women got nothing. I would accompany an you elderly family member to Bingo, Jump, yell and scream if you have Bingo!!

This is a big money maker for the cruise lines. Be careful, I witnessed a women and her young son losing out of a final jackpot because an experienced crew member called another number AFTER the women yelled bingo. Several passengers protested but this women got nothing. I would accompany an you elderly family member to Bingo, Jump, yell and scream if you have Bingo!!

But wouldn't she still have had a Bingo even after another number was called? How could she completely miss out? :confused:

Beth

Bingo prices are ridiculous--I know my aunt enjoys playing and wants to go to every game but they've priced her out of the game. She said when she first started cruising about 10 years ago it was about $15. Crazy but everyone keeps playing and paying so the prices will keep going up.

Actually those are not the rules at all bingo parlors, if you miss and number and then go back dab/cover it and call bingo after another number is called you win...not so on the ships, they have this (stupid IMHO) rule that your bingo has to include the last number called. Even if you have bingo and another number is called and its not in YOUR bingo you dont win. I play bingo every week (for the last 30 years) here on land and have NEVER seen this as a rule in any of the bingo halls I have played in. So be loud and be proud when you holler bingo on the ship and most of all pay close attention.

If I rememder right, you get 3 bingo boards per game and 5 games for $20, or 6 bingo boards per game for $35. The jackpot increases as each game is played. the amount depends on how many people are playing. They will usually have some other 1 time only bingo where the prize is an upgrade to the owners suite for that cruise(usually on day 2), and they will have another to win a future cruise. I think those were $15 each for 1 board, 1 game.

Kids can play, but it is advised that they have an adult with then as they cannot collect money prizes. The adult will need to do that for them and the kid gets a key chain instead.

Hey All,

Another dumb question comin at ya. Is there a charge to play bingo on the Encahntment? I have a couple of older people going with me that love bingo and want to play. They asked me this question and I didnt know what to tell them, alol these months on the boards and never ran across this question. Thanks! :)

B-7 BINGO

Bingo, is one of the biggest money makers a cruise ship has. No wonder every where you go announcements are being made. I quit bingo when someone yells out BINGO before ive even gotten my cards layed out.

Archived