3/15/09 sailings

Fisical1

We are on this sailing also. Ncl still has a bunch of rooms left. I did not realize it was spring break for college duh... lol Kept thinking April/Easter.

I will feel old on this trip.... I was thinking about calling for up sell also. Hubby is nervous with so many spring breakers.

Michele

I told my TA I didnt want to go during spring break and thats why she booked me on this cruise. Little did either of us know that it was the largest college spring break. A lot of kids out in the mid west also. It will be fun no matter what! Just not as easy to get an upsell with the boat booked so much.

We are on this sailing also. Ncl still has a bunch of rooms left. I did not realize it was spring break for college duh... lol Kept thinking April/Easter.

I will feel old on this trip.... I was thinking about calling for up sell also. Hubby is nervous with so many spring breakers.

Michele

are you sure they have a lot of cabins available? As for the spring breakers, the good news, most of the college kids have next week off, the bad news, there will still be lots of families cruising. Let's hope most of the parents keep their kids under control. I love kids, think most are really good, but it only takes a handful to create nightmares for all.

Nita

I told my TA I didnt want to go during spring break and thats why she booked me on this cruise. Little did either of us know that it was the largest college spring break. A lot of kids out in the mid west also. It will be fun no matter what! Just not as easy to get an upsell with the boat booked so much.

your travel agent didn't know the second and third week of March was Spring break? Wow,

Nita

Yep, WOW...I told her we could go the whole month of March and she picked the busiest week. I think I will be changing TAs. I have found I know more about cruising than she does. We did get an aft mini...so im really happy about that. Well I have kids, but they are not coming, just mom and sis. I guess this will make me miss them more with all the kids around.

• 2 weeks later...

We received a call from Jessica at NCL upgrades. Moved fom mini-suite to Garden Villa (A4) for $900 on Jewel:). The upsell desk used to be staffed by 12 people, now there are two so it's much tougher on them. Mini-suite to AC upsell was $500.00

Congrats on your upsell! You will love your A4 (actually it's called a courtyard villa, not a garden villa and there's a BIG difference $$ wise). We had an A3 and the courtyard alone is worth the price of admission, let alone the rest of the perks..........

Please come back and let us know how you enjoyed the courtyard and NOT having to be concerned about chair hogs.........:D

We also had Jessica call us yesterday. Up sell to A3 also from AB. Woo Hoo. I thought or hope the private area would be great with all the spring breakers at the main pool area. Not sure what extra we will get with an A-3. Anyone know what to expect?

Michele

Michelle, I think we are neighbors for the cruise. I know there is a great coffee maker, breakfast and lunch at the Steakhouse, flowers and fruit. You can have the meals from any of the specialty resturants delivered to your room (the cover charge still applies). I have never met anyone who had their butler unpack for them, that would feel to a little to much for me, even if they offered.

Brian

Every NCL cruise I have been on has had a meet-up for Cruise Critic. I just check the freestyle daily and try and make it there. My first NCL was the NORWAY, in the "steerage" section, bunk beds and pull the shower curtain around the toilet. I've been in ba,bb,af and ac. This will definately be an experience. Room 14014. I have found NCL to be as "relaxed and calm" or "fast paced" as I choose to make it. This will be the "relaxing and rejuvinating" we are celebrating 10 years from December and my partner's 50th Birthday. He thinks were on the 11th deck. Look foward to meeting you. Almost packed, just ran to the store for new socks.:o

Brian

I called NCL today and I was told that every single cabin on the Jewel is sold. There are no possible upgrades. I even spoke to a supervisor and he couldn't access any of it because there was no availability at all. We are in an interior and wanted to upgrade to a balcony and they didn't have any.

Archived