Loved Grandeur OTS

kicker

Just got back from a 5 night Grandeur cruise - nothing but great things to say about it. I submitted a review to Cruise Critic and they'll probably have it up in a few days, but I also posted it on the M&M Liberty 5/24/08 thread for my Liberty friends who wanted to know how it was.

If anyone has questions I'll be happy to answer what I can. We had a 3rd Deck OV cabin, and I'm no cruising expert, but I might be able to help a little bit.

I'm so glad to hear you liked the Grandeur...we are going on the repo cruise in April, and there hasn't been much talk about the Grandeur on the boards. We actually went ahead and booked an aft junior suite...first time ever and probably last since it was a bit more than we normally spend on our cruises.

She may not have all of the bells and whistles of the newer ships but she more than makes up for it in other ways and IMHO has the best crew in the fleet.

As for your aft JS, you're gonna love it. We've had them twice on Grandeur and believe me, it will be hard to ever go back to a regular cabin. The balconies are huge, especially the corner aft's and the view is breathtaking.

I'll add a comment which basically seconds all your thoughts: almost everyone on board (myself included) was talking about trying the Oasis OTS. I'd like to see the Oasis but, at the same time, I'd bet you'd lose a lot of what I enjoyed about Grandeur - seeing the same people at the Windjammer & shows, getting to know the CD staff. A ship like Oasis will probably need two CD's for example - too much for one person. Maybe someday we'll try the Oasis, but we were perfectly happy on the GRandeur.

She may not have all of the bells and whistles of the newer ships but she more than makes up for it in other ways and IMHO has the best crew in the fleet.

As for your aft JS, you're gonna love it. We've had them twice on Grandeur and believe me, it will be hard to ever go back to a regular cabin. The balconies are huge, especially the corner aft's and the view is breathtaking.

Yeah, I can't wait for the JS w/aft balcony...we went ahead and paid the extra this year since DH and I are going by ourselves...after this year we will start taking the kids, so we may have to choose a different category when paying for four.

I didn't see anyone with rollerblades and if I were you I'd e-mail RCI and ask if they'd be allowed, rather than take up the packing space. There was a jogging deck - the problem is you get people running, jogging, walking, stopping. There was no designated Rollerblade area like they have (I believe) on Voyager class ships.

Sorry there's no rollerblade area on the Grandeur. I really doubt if they are allowed so you should check with RCI.

As much as I love this ship I don't think there is much to do for the kids. Maybe you could ask over on the family boards.

Just got back from a 5 night Grandeur cruise - nothing but great things to say about it. I submitted a review to Cruise Critic and they'll probably have it up in a few days, but I also posted it on the M&M Liberty 5/24/08 thread for my Liberty friends who wanted to know how it was.

If anyone has questions I'll be happy to answer what I can. We had a 3rd Deck OV cabin, and I'm no cruising expert, but I might be able to help a little bit.

DH wanted me to ask if there are any wine tastings aboard this ship for a 5 night cruise. Do you have any compasses to post?

Yeah, I can't wait for the JS w/aft balcony...we went ahead and paid the extra this year since DH and I are going by ourselves...after this year we will start taking the kids, so we may have to choose a different category when paying for four.

I did a 9 night in 7652, and 11 night repo in 7150, both great cabins, and 7150/7650 are the largest JS's on the ship, with the largest balconies. My next repo in November, 14 nights in a 4th deck inside. After 6 cruises on Grandeur, I can't wait to be back onboard.

"DH wanted me to ask if there are any wine tastings aboard this ship for a 5 night cruise. Do you have any compasses to post?"

Stlwaterbaby: I'm trying to scan my compasses, but when it comes to computer I operate on a pre-school level. I'm going to be tied up with work most of the afternoon but I'll try later. I can't seem to get more than one page at a time to save, which creates tons of files - must be a better way.

Forgot to add - I don't remember any wine tastings, and I looked throught he compasses quickly, didn't see any, though I might have missed them. I remember the usual art auction stuff, but don't recall wine tasting being mentioned.

Well, that worked out real swell, didn't it? I give up on that method. I scanned Day 1, saved all 4 pages separately, and I'll scan more later in that method. I can't seem to post them on here (hey - we tried for 2 weeks to post a countdown clock and couldn't do it), but I can send them in an e-mail (prob 1 day at a time). My e-mail is

frstephen1978@yahoo.com

Send me an e-mail asking for compasses and I'll send them as soon as I can scan them.

Shhhhhhh..... Keep the secret, we want to keep prices down!

Well, that worked out real swell, didn't it? I give up on that method. I scanned Day 1, saved all 4 pages separately, and I'll scan more later in that method. I can't seem to post them on here (hey - we tried for 2 weeks to post a countdown clock and couldn't do it), but I can send them in an e-mail (prob 1 day at a time). My e-mail is

frstephen1978@yahoo.com

Send me an e-mail asking for compasses and I'll send them as soon as I can scan them.

I will be emailing you in a little while. Thanks for your patience in trying to get the compasses scanned in. Also, thanks for answering my questions. Busy day, so I am just now getting to the boards. Thanks!!

Archived