Southwest "BAGS TO GO" service

Joie

Has anyone used this service yet? We are arriving in Miami on the Liberty and are flight isn't until 6:45 going home.......would LOVE NOT to have to lug the bags around all day, or sit at the airport most of the day.

Sounds like it is a nice service....you check in on the cruise ship for your boarding pass and they take your baggage and you see it at the airport whn you get home.......

I had this once with a tour we did to the Eastern Carib on HAL.....worked nice.

• 1 month later...

We used this service just yesterday coming off the ship at Port Everglades on the Freedom.

We did not sign up for it prior, due to having to pay fee's etc.. It worked amazing. We had already printed our boarding passes the day prior to get an A number.

The guy had a sign that said Southwest Airlines luggage service "Complimentary". They printed the leggage tags, attached them to our luggage and put the other portion to our boarding passes. We bypassed the LONG LINES at the airport and went right to security.

a couple that was in our group was ahead of us and did not see the sign. They went to the airport waited in the long line, and were told it was over 4hrs prior to the flight. They were pointed to the Bags to go office in front of carosel 6 downstairs and did the same process at the airport.

We were a little worried about if the luggage would make our flight etc...

At BWI, our luggage was one of the first off of the plane.

We did tip the personnel at the cruise terminal, but no other fees.

Very easy painless procedure..

Wow this sounds GREAT! Has anyone used it at the Miami port? We to have a late flight out of Ft. Lauderdale with Southwest and it would be great not to have to mess with bags all day especially as we are travelling with kids. We get off the Destiny in Miami on April 17th. Any info would be appreciated.

We used it last month in FLL. I signed up and prepaid online. When I got off the ship, our porter turned our luggage over to bags-to-go. They then asked me for my phone number because they wanted to 'comp' the service. Evidently, there had been a big screw up the previous week and they wanted good word of mouth. Well, I'm here to tell you that it's a fantastic service. We avoided HUGE lines at FLL. And, the refund showed up on my card within 3 days.

This is just Southwest Airlines that does this?

Carnival and most of the other cruiselines have their own luggage services in several ports, and most of the major airlines participate in those services. Southwest just has their own and does not participate in the cruiseline services.

Carnival and most of the other cruiselines have their own luggage services in several ports, and most of the major airlines participate in those services. Southwest just has their own and does not participate in the cruiseline services.

And I believe the service offered by Carnival is called Luggage Express.

This is a Carnival service through participating airlines. I used it just yesterday in Miami coming off the Valor. Worth every penny - Never saw my bags until yesterday afternoon in New York. ( I have to mention that someone did lift my bathing suit out of the outer pocket of my luggage, so that kind of stunk), but the service itself is great - It's an additional $25.00 per bag. They will advertise throughout the cruise, so don't worry about signing up early for this.

Archived