Cabin--question?!?!

JES11583

Can anyone give a suggestion?? DO you prefer your cabin toward the front of the ship.. or the back of the ship?? I have never stayed in the front, so insight would be nice..

Dont worry you will get responses eventually. Some ppl say the back has vibration from the propellers. Others will say the front has more movement than the back. I personally have been on one cruise, and dont even know what part of the ship I was on. I know it was the outside, because I had a balcony:D.

What part of the Blue Grass you from???

I have been aft before and had a LOT of vibration and it was loud when we were pulling into port (from steering??). I have heard forward cabins rock more, though, which scared me enough to start my own thread about it a few weeks ago. I am cruising ALL THE WAY forward on March 9th and will happy to report back with a comparison when I return.

PS- you answer my thread, I answer yours ;)

I've done fore and mid and can't tell the difference. On our last cruise, we had rough seas and there wasn't one section of the ship that wasn't rocking and rolling one night, we went down to Riveria to see if there was a big difference. I did hear the anchor in the fore at a tender port, but I was already awake, it was sort of a grinding noise.

hi! and thank you so much for responding..lol...Ive never had any issues with propeller noise in the back...at least I Dont remember..haha..

Lexington area... you in Kentucky?!? :)

My daughter goes to UK, and I live in Northern Kentucky just south of Florence.

A lot depends on what you're looking for. Is it about how much walking you'll do, how much noise, how much ship movement?

My first cruise, we were as far forward as possible (forward corner on the port side). It was the inside passage to Alaska and the water was very calm, but we definitely felt the rocking. Didn't bother me; I loved it. But I don't get seasick. Dang, did we get a workout walking back and forth! It seems like a huge percentage of activities are aft or midship.

Have been kinda between aft and midship on all other cruises. Very convenient to the places we hang. Never much movement, even in rough seas. Never been in a noisy cabin.

IMHO, forward vs aft isn't the top criterion. I worry more about what's around the cabin. What's above? What's below? What's across the hall? But that's probably because I don't mind walking, and I don't mind ship movement, but I don't like noise when I'm trying to sleep.

Well, I root for UC(Cincinnati Bearcats). Most UK fans up here are very annoying:p.

haha..well I promise I am not one of those..."annoying fans"...even tho I paint my face and dye my hair blue and white...

lol..totally kidding....

intersting topic. I prefer an inside cabin because they are dark. We went on the same ship twice and did not realize until we got back from the second trip that we had the exact same room just opposite port side. You'd think we would have noticed on the ship that we were in the same place, but we only noticed that when trying to find our room we would get lost.

I prefer the aft, because its more convenient to the buffet (and then walk thru to the pool) and the dining room.

We did stay midship last time. The middle elevator doesnt go up to the lido deck, so we always had to walk forward or aft to get anywhere most of the day.

I've had both. I found the front to be noisier, especially in the morning when we were docking in a port, but I also found the rocking to put me gently to sleep. And I was "all the way" front, on the upper deck of the carnival Paradise. I am once again "all the way" front on the Carnival Victory on my next cruise, and all the way up on the Panorama deck. I'm curious to see the difference in the motion. I've never been so far "up" on a ship.

Archived