star service !!

bluenile

my wife and myself havs just returned from a great cruise to the eastern caribbean, there is not much to add from a review point of view, as this has been reviewed quite eloquently by a critic member , all we can add that the fellow passengers were great and we made many new friends!!, it is easy to find faults in any ship of this age,but we defy anyone who can complain regarding the service given to us by everyone on board that ship!,from the captain J.C. to the cabin attendants, as was pointed out on

previous reviews, you have to get up early to get a sun lounger! ,but after the first day at sea you knew what you had to do the next day at sea,ie:get up early!!, just one point we would like to add when we read horrific reviews on this ship we were on the verge of cancelling as we could not believe some of the stories! how incorrect they were ,sure there were some stains on the carpets but there were over 1500 people on this ship ,I can also vouch we were on a royal caribbean ship last year with carpet stains!! so what !!,anyway back to the good stuff, the captain JC pulled out all the stops to make sure we enjoyed ourselves! as there was some political unrest in martinque ,we stopped at st marteen which was fantastic!! he also made some detours for great photographs to be taken

at various locations! all in all it was a brilliant cruise !! so farewell to the

island star we hope you continue to make people happy in the future!!

bluenile

Glad to hear you had a great time on the Star. We should have gone on her in April on the Ancient Odyssey cruise but she got sold.

To get the same itinerary we're having to go on Royal Caribbean in June instead. My wife's not looking forward to the formal nights !!

We were on the Escape last year and enjoyed it so much we've booked it again for December. I just hope now she belongs to Thomsons Cruises they haven't messed her about too much

Agree with everything bluenile says. Hope he was'nt one of those waiting at Glasgow for our ill fated flight from Gatwick from whence we started.

This was our 1st and probably only Cruise but that comment does not detract from the excellent food; extremely professional Ocean Theatre entertainment and other excellent facilities afforded. Accompanying cruisers were a pleasure to meet and the crew could not do enough to help. Islands visited were very interesting with quite a bit of history and very impressed with St. Maarten.

We were also very impressed with the embarkation and disembarking procedures.

Considering this has a 3 star + rating no one should be complaining about anything. It was excellent value for money and we enjoyed ourselves but don't think cruising is for us simply because we prefer to hire a car on arrival and drive off into the distance, sorting out accomodation etc as we go.

The only downside to this trip was returning to Gatwick and being met by glum faced jobsworth officials. At Passport Control I was told off by a miserable looking minion for taking one step further at the desk than I should have done! Jeez, what is this place coming to or did my suntan, carribbean shirt, sunglasses etc make me look too much like an illegal with a forged passport?????????????? :D

Thoroughly enjoyable cruise and recommend it to anyone.:)

Agree with everything bluenile says. Hope he was'nt one of those waiting at Glasgow for our ill fated flight from Gatwick from whence we started.

This was our 1st and probably only Cruise but that comment does not detract from the excellent food; extremely professional Ocean Theatre entertainment and other excellent facilities afforded. Accompanying cruisers were a pleasure to meet and the crew could not do enough to help. Islands visited were very interesting with quite a bit of history and very impressed with St. Maarten.

We were also very impressed with the embarkation and disembarking procedures.

Considering this has a 3 star + rating no one should be complaining about anything. It was excellent value for money and we enjoyed ourselves but don't think cruising is for us simply because we prefer to hire a car on arrival and drive off into the distance, sorting out accomodation etc as we go.

The only downside to this trip was returning to Gatwick and being met by glum faced jobsworth officials. At Passport Control I was told off by a miserable looking minion for taking one step further at the desk than I should have done! Jeez, what is this place coming to or did my suntan, carribbean shirt, sunglasses etc make me look too much like an illegal with a forged passport?????????????? :D

Thoroughly enjoyable cruise and recommend it to anyone.:)

Don't let this one be your last. Check your TA for an offer on the Island Escape for this Dec. We got the cruise + all inclusive drinks package + transport by coach from home to airport. (apparently I'm not allowed to name them or recommend a particular co. Board Rules)

We were like you, do it yourself, but we used to camp, going up from tents to Caravans then a motorhome.

You can still DIY for the day when you arrive in post and book private excursions, you'll find lots of tips in the forums.

WWe also had same problem as you at Passport Control in Calais on a recent trip to Bruges by coach, but in our case we didn't jump fast enough for his liking when he callled us forward to check them :mad:

Archived