RUBY 2/14 sailing REALLY LONG review!!!

Jessica33

Loved you review of the Ruby, and was wondering how the Fettuccini Alfredo ? This will be my fifth princess and found the best fettuccini on the caribbean.

and a comment on the chairs, i never know what to do when I want go to lunch and i hate to leave my chair. I never sit by the pool always the upper deck, and I fell guilty about leaving my stuff, but i will be back as soon as i can so i hope no one calls me a chair hog!!!!

Loved you review of the Ruby, and was wondering how the Fettuccini Alfredo ? This will be my fifth princess and found the best fettuccini on the caribbean.

and a comment on the chairs, i never know what to do when I want go to lunch and i hate to leave my chair. I never sit by the pool always the upper deck, and I fell guilty about leaving my stuff, but i will be back as soon as i can so i hope no one calls me a chair hog!!!!

There's hardly ever a problem getting a chair on the upper decks, it's mostly the ones around the pool they seem to create all the commotion.:D

I was wondering if you could give me some more information on the Occidental Grand Cozumel Resort.

Where did you get the taxi to go there?

We got the taxi as soon as you walk past all the shops. There is a huge line of taxis all lined up. Just before you get into the cab with him ask about how much it would be. There is a big board that says a bunch of places and the amount. Just make sure he is not ripping you off.

Did you pay the enterance fee at the resort and do they take US dollars.

No we payed in credit card

Hope this helped ! I definitely recommend the Occidental, its absoluetly beautiful and enormous !

As for all of you who are STILL going on about the chairs, enough PLEASE. We ALL get the point chair hogs blah blah blah. Its clearly a controversial topic. Some people think its wrong to put a towel down and go eat breakfast or swim and others think its okay. That's why everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's like beating a dead horse already. We get it, no more please. Couldn't we just all discuss how amazing Princess is as opposed to getting nasty with one another and name calling ? How old are we, seriously ?

I loved all of your review except your recommendation for people to 'hog' (my word) "save" (your word) pool loungers with towels. Putting a chair on a towel before you are prepared to use it should not entitle you to that chair. You are not in the chair so you should not expect anyone to respect your towel as a place marker. People will walk around hopelessly looking for pool loungers only to find them 'saved' with towels. They are reluctant to take these empty chairs because they are afraid to confront 'chair hoggers' when/if they return.

Princess clearly has a No Saving pool chairs or theatre chairs policy. If I see a lounger saved with a towel and no one near by can confirm someone is definitely using that chair, I will claim the lounger and the towel.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise but think twice next time before saving pool chairs and advocating others to do so as well.

Hopefully you wait a few minutes just in case the occupant went to the restroom or had to run back to the cabin because they forgot something. What is the proper grace period for this? I agree about the chair hog thing but sometimes there are exceptions like what I have mentioned.

Thanks to the OP for a great review...

For those of you and many of you who are calling me a "chair hog", what I don't think you understood was we were leaving our towel down to eat breakfast and returning to it 20 minutes later. I was one of the few people that didn't leave a towel there all day and rarely sit by the pool. But then again I don't have to justify myself to many of you who managed to find such negativity in my review as opposed to some other people who found it helpful. For those of you who found it helpful I am glad and for those of you who I annoyed or got clearly extremely upset I am sorry for that too. I didn't think putting a towel and magazine down for a 20 minute breakfast is a crime. All I did was tell the truth and sorry that I did not specify the EXACT amount of time I left the chair (if that is allowed of course.) I have read previous reviews were people are constantly negative and get extremely rude but I didn't think I would experience it myself when I all I wanted to do is give some people a few ideas. Its kind of pathetic how angry people got over a chair, but then again I had a fabulous vacation and could care less about getting called a chair hog!

Crusin Chris...Take it easy its a review, and get a life ! If everything I wrote bothered you so much and you actually took the time to make rude snide comments then thats even sadder, here's a tip STOp Reading ! Thanks

I agree with your 20 minute remark. I posted just before this one about wondering if there is a grace period in case there is an extenuating circumstance like a bathroom trip or trip back to the cabin - or both. :)

Again, thanks for your review

Thanks for a great review Jessica, and I am ashamed at those of you who have been so rude to this lady, what will you do if my husband and I leave our chairs to go in the pool together and swim for a while will you time us or toss our books, sunglasses etc... overboard, really people. Please do not stoop to such low levels and think that you know why that chair has a towel on it, because you must not be having a good time if all you do is police the pool chairs. Remember, removing someone's property is stealing and then security will be notified for a valid reason.

I don't usually get to upset with chair hogs since I don't really want to be seated up front near the pool anyway but on our last cruise I did confiscate a real nice golf magazine that was laying around for over an hour. Maybe yours will be next. :p

BTW - I donated it to the library on the last day since I don't play golf myself. ;)

Remember, removing someone's property is stealing and then security will be notified for a valid reason.

How is this stealing, try lost and found. The original post readily admitted that she knew you aren't suppose to save chairs, but did it anyway. Quite defending her. She knew the kind of response that she would get by doing this post. Maybe on her next cruise all the chairs will have towels on them when she gets to the pool. Won't that be great!!!

How is this stealing, try lost and found. The original post readily admitted that she knew you aren't suppose to save chairs, but did it anyway. Quite defending her. She knew the kind of response that she would get by doing this post. Maybe on her next cruise all the chairs will have towels on them when she gets to the pool. Won't that be great!!!

Yes and she only went to grab lunch, not a crime, but I have read on these boards of people saying they move others property. I will get up from my chair when I please with my husband and if I am gone for 20 minutes my property had better be there, if not I will report that my items were stolen, not in lost and found because I did not lose them, they were stolen, I will defend this gal because she did not do anything so severe that some people think stealing off someone elses chair is not a crime !

She had a great time because she is not a busy body, it's a gigantic ship people keep searching you will find a chair if not ask someone who has many if they will try and share, it never hurts to ask with a smile :)

Thanks for a great review. As far as the CHAIR LAW If you believe a chair has been SAVED you have to let a pool attend know and HE will time the empty chair. If no one comes back for I think half an hour after HE has timed it, HE can remove the persons belonging. :rolleyes:

Archived