Help - I have a few Grandeur Questions!

1. Does the Grandeur have My Time Dining?

2. Does it also have Portofino and Chops? If so, what is the cover charge?

Thanks for the help! ;)

I dont know about my time dining - but I dont think thay have Portefine and Chops

I also have a question. Does the vessel have somthing to compensate for the missing CL ?

The Grandeur doesn't have a Chops or Portofino. I don't know about benefits in lieu of a CL (that's a concierge lounge), I've never stayed in a suite & I'm a long ways from Diamond. It's a beautiful ship & has the best crew in the fleet! You'll love her even without those things.

My time dining is being rolled out & I believe I read it was starting on Grandeur in April.

1. Does the Grandeur have My Time Dining?

2. Does it also have Portofino and Chops? If so, what is the cover charge?

Thanks for the help! ;)

We were on GOS last July. There is no Portofino or Chops. They did not have MTD in July. I don't know if they have it now. They do have a Ben and Jerry's but no Johnny Rockets.

For the other poster that wanted to know about Conceirge Lounge. There is nothing comparable to that. We are Diamond and they invited us to a heavy lite lunch one day. That was all.

We love the ship. It is a great size and the crew is wonderful.

I dont know about my time dining - but I dont think thay have Portefine and Chops

I also have a question. Does the vessel have somthing to compensate for the missing CL ?

We were on her a couple of months ago and they had a cocktail party w/ light snacks for suite guests and Diamond and D+ There were about 250 or so folks there and they mentioned that it was one of the larger ones they've had.

I was just on the Grandeur in January. It was my third time on the Grandeur and we were extremely disappointed. You did not mention if you are booked or thinking of booking so I was not sure how to respond because some people think if you tell the truth you are being negative.

Our experience was average or even below average in food especially in the dining room. There was almost the same chicken, salmon and a beef dish each evening, no lobster at all, and shrimp one evening. I could go on but you get the idea. We are not fussy people and their were 85 of us and many of us were not happy campers. I am thinking twice about cruising RCCL at all next time. This line use to be our favorite but the service how gone down hill tremendously maybe it was the captain I'm not sure.

PMO

Interesting. I hope RCCL relice that cutting back on the food is very dangerus way to sail. I do belive all cruisliners has to think new to winn new pax, but the way of winning the marked is to change to somthing different and better. I do hope you are not the average cruiser, and that the standard is getting better when the fight is harder to get new travelers

Thank you all for your responses, even the negative ones. I haven't booked yet. Frankly, the poor quality of food is the thing that is holding me back! The last few RCCL cruises we've been on have had pretty bad food and not the choices we get on other lines. If I do go with the Grandeur, it'll be purely for the fact that I like the itinerary and that's it.

Thanks again for the help!

Thank you all for your responses, even the negative ones. I haven't booked yet. Frankly, the poor quality of food is the thing that is holding me back! The last few RCCL cruises we've been on have had pretty bad food and not the choices we get on other lines. If I do go with the Grandeur, it'll be purely for the fact that I like the itinerary and that's it.

Thanks again for the help!

Take it easy. The food is all righte. Nothing like Crystal or Seaborn Cruisline, but the food is fine.

Take it easy. The food is all righte. Nothing like Crystal or Seaborn Cruisline, but the food is fine.

Exactly, it wouldn't seem prudent to base your decision to cruise the Grandeur based on a couple of posts that mentioned that the food was not good. You could very easily search the boards for previous opinions on the Grandeur where for every negative post you'd find 3 that disagree.

Food opinions are just too subjective. I'm glad I stopped listening or I never would have cruised at all. Some information on the boards is useful but the food one is just all over the place. You need to decide on your own based on all the other reasons you book a specific ship. I consider myself and my family picky eaters and we always found something we were pleased with.

We've been on the Grandeur three times in the past two years, one 5 day from Tampa, one 9 day from Baltimore, and a 10 day from Tampa. There is the usual repeat cruisers get together and a Platinum and above reception. There wasn't MTD on our Nov. '08 cruise and no mention of converting anything into a CL. No specialty dining rooms. The Solarium has the best french fries in the afternoon along with pizzas, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches. At lunch time in the main DR there was also a salad bar, this was better than the Windjammer.

Food in the Dining Room in the evening was very good with excellent presentations. If you are lucky enough to have Kirk as your Head Waiter enjoy your selves and make friends with him. He is all about making sure the guests have a great time. However, if you have any complaints about the service please give your waiter a chance to make it right before you tell the head waiter,

Bottom line.......enjoy your cruise.

Phil

We have to take inn to account that we are traveling with a few 1000 other pax. It is not easy to make state of the art food for so many at the same time.....

The food is OK and dont expect a Gormet resturant - but all in all you find your way around the menues.

They do have chicken, salmon and beef entree's that are the same every night as alternatives to the other entree's which vary each night. As for lobster, they have it on cruises longer than a four day or at least they did on our last two cruises (one a 5 day and the other a 10 day).

I knew I would take abuse for being negative, that always happens. I am not a fussy or picky eater, I am very easy to get along with when it comes to food. Let me explain further, this was a 4 day cruise and it is my third in three years. We take a 4 day and 7 or 10 day cruise each year. We always have always had lobster and many other special things at our dinners including each evening being a special country that each dinner item gears itself toward. This was my third time I have sailed on the Grandeur our last one 3 years ago. The service was not the same, I was in one of the suites this time, my first time and it was not even good in my cabin. I never even saw my room steward for 24 hours, that never happened. We were a group of 42 cabins and the travel agent sent us a fruit basket, I got two since I was in a suite. The bananas in the fruit basket were black and one of them was crushed in the middle and the banana was squirted all over the other fruit. Yes, I know this was small but it was telling about the attention to detail we found on this ship.

Maybe this was one experience but why chance it.

Archived