Good local art?

Bookish Angel

Last year we bought several prints from an artist named Jonna White. Her shop is on the main shopping street. She had originals there too. There are not too many galleries on STT. There are a couple in a shopping area near Red Hook. Tillett Garden is an area with little houses filled with artists from time to time. We have been there when every little house was filled with art, but when we were there last December the selection was not as good. We always shop for art and my DH has a thing for abstracts and modern. When are you going? We will be there for a short week beginning 12/5 and I will be glad to give you an up to date report when we get back.

You can e-mail me if I can be of assistance.

harw7976@bellsouth.net

There were several lovely art shops in Cruz Bay on St. John at a group of shops called Mongoose Junction.

Mongoose Junction is walkable from the ferry dock. You just need to find your way to the main road around the island and head left. You should spot it on your right after about a 10 minute walk or so. Here's a map: http://www.usvi.net/shopping/mongoose/map.htm. That site also has information on Mongoose Junction, itself.

I agree with Richters. There are some terrific shops at Mongoose Junction, but I did not mention that area as it is on St. John. One of our partners is there this week and he will give us an update when he gets back. If there is anything new I will let you know.

Archived