to hang or not to hang??

ajpack

I just bought a beaded top at Nordstoms and was wondering if I should hang it on a hanger or fold it and put in it my drawer. I've read if you hang beaded clothes, they will stretch from the weight of the beads. Suggestions?

Anne

[font=Fixedsys][size=3]Hi[/size][/font]
[font=Fixedsys][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Fixedsys][size=3]I really think it depends upon the weight of the sweater. I have a lovely beaded Nordstrom Christine Phillipe shortsleeve sweater that I just put on a big sweater hanger and it is fine. No stretching!! But, it is a light weight sweater. [/size][/font]
[font=Fixedsys][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Fixedsys][size=3]A:o [/size][/font]

You should also never leave anything chiffon hanging for very long....they should be folded, wrap in tissue and stored in a box......Chiffon, expecially if cut on the bias will "grow" that's why you'll notice a lot of uneven chiffon hems.....and most beaded clothing is done on chiffon.

JoAnn

The reason you never hang a heavily beaded anything is because the beading and sequins can be so heavy as to stretch the lighter weight fabric completely out of shape. There have been times when someone has put a beaded gown on a hanger, and when they went to put it on, the silk underdress had stretched so much that the dress was over an inch too long. This isn't the case for heavier knit sweaters with just beaded trim, but for silk beaded dresses and jackets.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived