London Country Tours

We are looking for a private tour for about 4 people that will go to Warwick Castle, Stratford and Oxford. Our first choice was Harry Norman but he is booked for the 2 days we could go. His recommendation is much more expensive. After some research I found a company called London Country Tours. Has anyone used this company for private day trips out of London? If so, would you recommend them?

Thanks for your help.

Jane, London Country Tours is a private car and driver. May I ask who you used and if you liked him?

I have tried searching on Trip Advisor and have not gotten any results yet - even though I found some people who said they booked with them. They did not return to give an opinion. I guess I will have to register and start a new post.

In 2007 I used Evan Evans Tours who also does this exact itinerary.

It was a large bus tour and I found it perfectly fine.

If you prefer a private car and driver check out both the Golden Tours and Evan Evans to see if they also offer private sedans/drivers.

Martha

We are looking for a private tour for about 4 people that will go to Warwick Castle, Stratford and Oxford. Our first choice was Harry Norman but he is booked for the 2 days we could go. His recommendation is much more expensive. After some research I found a company called London Country Tours. Has anyone used this company for private day trips out of London? If so, would you recommend them?

Thanks for your help.

Very sensibly you are doing Warwick, Stratford and Warwick as a two day tour and not doing the big bus days tours that only give you 90 minutes at each place, if you're lucky.

I'd suggest you go independently by bus or rail to Oxford and spend 2 or 3 nights in a hotel there. If you contact Oxford Tourist Office there is a choice of local guides that will spend a day with you in Oxford. You do not need a car for Oxford. Then take you on a day tour the next day to Stratford and Warwick Castle, perhaps returning to London.

Thanks for your advice. I did contact Golden Tours and Evan Evans as suggested. I heard back from Golden Tours and they will do a private mini bus tour. The thing I worried about was there payment policy: they wanted the entire amount for the tour up front and their cancellation policy was 50% of the deposit if you canceled. If you canceled within 7 days of the scheduled trip the cancellation fee was 100%.

I got really lucky and Harry Norman became available so we were able to book with him.

Archived