boarding another CCL ship w/ another S&S card?

That is what the deck plans and virtual tours on the website(s) are for. If you booked a ship that is in the Conquest class and the ship you wanna tour is a Conquest class, look no further than your own ship for the layout. The decor will be different!

I wish you could do that. Heck, I'd pay for it...sell it as a Shore Excursion with a guide. Then it would be even better if they could work something out with Disney, Princess & RC. :D I'd take a tour of a couple ships while in port.

Hmm not sure any Cruise line would ever want their pax checking out the competition...at any price.

Hmm not sure any Cruise line would ever want their pax checking out the competition...at any price.

Oh, I know it would never happen! But it would be fun.

Hmmm....Maybe a RC rep could stand at the end of the pier selling tours to other pax for $20. I gotta see that Oasis somehow (without actually booking it!)

Not sure how it happened, but we were docked with the Conquest in Cozumel on my Valor cruise last April. About an hour before sailing, they started paging some people saying that they got on the wrong ship!:eek:
There are only so many codes that can be used. Obviously the code on their card was the same as that of someone else on the ship. Their faces must have been similar too, as one one hope that security looks at that too.

There are only so many codes that can be used. Obviously the code on their card was the same as that of someone else on the ship. Their faces must have been similar too, as one one hope that security looks at that too.

Its a barcode scanner. Do you know how many different variations of barcodes there are in this world????? I highly doubt that 2 Carnival ships would have the same barcodes in use at the exact same time.

Its a barcode scanner. Do you know how many different variations of barcodes there are in this world????? I highly doubt that 2 Carnival ships would have the same barcodes in use at the exact same time.

...leaving only two possibilities, the poster was mistaken, or the Valor security staff aren't capable of securing a Chuck-E-Cheese birthday party.

Well, we were on Conquest in December. In Cozumel, Truimph was docked right next to us. On the balcony as we were about to depart, we saw a girl board Conquest and then just 30 seconds later she ran out and boarded Triumph. Obviously, she was snagged by her S&S card as trying to board the wrong ship.

Do you know how many different variations of barcodes there are in this world?????
No, and as you did not provide the number I doubt you do either. All depends on how complex their system is. As they only need 4,000 for most Carnival ships, a rather simple system could be used. This increases the chances that duplicate cards were in use on neighboring ships at the same time.

I highly doubt that 2 Carnival ships would have the same barcodes in use at the exact same time.
If the poster was correct you're doubting it makes no difference, it happened.

All part of the random nature of numbers.

Archived