Which Itinerary

Nekochan

I'd like your opinions please. I'm looking at 2 sister ships (RCCL - Liberty and Freedom) so the ship isn't the tie breaker. Both itineraries are same days. It's just me and my teen son (he'll be 14 by then).

1) Eastern Caribbean - Cococay Bahamas, sea day, st. thomas, st. martin, 2 sea days.

2) Western - sea day, Labadee, Ocho Rios, George town Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Sea day.

I'm leaning towards the first itinerary because it has more sea days which I like, and I love St. Thomas

But... the second itinerary has some interesting stops that I haven't been to yet (except for Labadee, which I love).

Which one would you choose for a mom and 14 year old boy and why?

I think your 14 yr old would love Grand Cayman and the sting rays! But the 1st itinerary has more stops that I'd like...when I was 14 I liked going anywhere, so I think he'd have fun on either. I would look at different excursions too, and pick some your son likes no matter what ports you are in...that way you can probably go on the one you want to but also have some excursions your son will really enjoy. Just my humble opinion.;)

I would probably go for the western, because there are more ports (always a plus in my book) and because you said you haven't been to those places yet. Grand Cayman is especially nice, very clean, friendly locals, and beautiful beaches. There's also the swimming with the stingrays, which your teen would probably enjoy. Cozumel has some great beaches and it's fun to just walk around soaking up the local atmosphere. Research the ports on the port boards, maybe that will help more to get a feel for the islands. Best of luck with your decision!

I love the eastern much better. We went to Labadee last year and it was horrible the beach was water was mucky . My family went on zipline and that was the highlight of the day. When they went to top to get on zipline there were men with machine guns which really freaked me out.I would never go back there!!!

Archived