Old topic - need clarification (visa cards)

PAFC2004

Hi all

There has been some discussion in the past re: visa debit cards. I have gotten mixed answers from people here, and P&O. My bank assures me that it will work, as although it comes from my savings, it's the same system as a credit card (VISA). Has anyone recently had success using such a card?

I don't want to rely on the ATM's, as I've heard they are unreliable, and I don't want to take cash.

Your VISA debit card will be fine because it is a Visa. The debit cards that aren't accepted are things like Redicard, Keycard or other generic bank or credit union cards. The cruiseline can't tell whether your card is credit or debit if it's a Visa or Mastercard. Just as long as there's enough cash on it you will have no probs

Your VISA debit card will be fine because it is a Visa. The debit cards that aren't accepted are things like Redicard, Keycard or other generic bank or credit union cards. The cruiseline can't tell whether your card is credit or debit if it's a Visa or Mastercard. Just as long as there's enough cash on it you will have no probs

Thanks. I'm just not sure if it's worth the risk. My bank seems to think it's fine. It's most definitely not a bank card only, it's a VISA debit. If that doesn't work, hopefully the ATM's will be working!

I'm going on the pacific dawn at the year, I have a Visa Debit Card as well, so I emailed P&O, but they said it would not work my bank also says it will work.

I really don't want to get a credit card for the cruise.

I will call again and try find out details, but I am relying on the ATM's onboard.

Please let me know of any new info.

cooper-@live.com

It seems like P&O say this to make things easier - other threads have mentioned that sometimes they have to put 2 holds on the same amount of money, as they sometimes expire. Cash is a real pain in the backside.

Other people have had no problem with a Visa debit card, but I don't know if P & O might have changed their system. It could be risky relying on the ATMs on board, because if they are out of action you are 'up the creek'. Good old cash works well. You can keep it in your safe. :):)

Evon.

Archived