"Small quanity" -non alcoholic..QUESTION?

JES11583

So, looking under the FAQs, where it talks about the liquor allowed and whatnot, its says you can bring a "SMALL QUANITY" of non alcoholic beverages,(water, soda, etc)....

Whats the definition of "small quanity" to you all?? hehe, not sure what that means exactly..

For a five night cruise we took a 12-pack of diet coke. For a seven night for four people we took two or three of these...we put them all in our bags we checked with the porters and no one said anything. I have heard that people will just put a luggage tag on a case and give it to the porter, but when we sailed from Miami on the Valor in 2006, we were not allowed to do that. Everything had to be in a bag. I think some ports and ships are different...and Miami may no longer be the same as when we sailed either.

We took 2 - 12 packs and 6 bottled waters last April (08) on the Triumph. We just put them in a rolling duffle bag with our snorkeling equipment and it gave us plenty of room for gifts for the way home.

It's worth it to mix your own rum and coke before dinner or to have bottle water to take to shore that isn't $3 a bottle. (Doesn't mean I don't buy a DOD every now and then)

We've never had a problem taking a 12 pack of diet Mtn. Dew for dh but have had security ask us to open our bag to prove it wasn't alcohol. He discovered on our first cruise that diet Dew wasn't to be had on the ship and couldn't find it in any ports and he was miserable - he doesn't drink coffee and that's his morning caffeine jolt! After that we started bringing our own. It's a pain to lug aboard but whatever it takes to keep him cruising with me I will do! :p

haha.. I dont know if I would have room in my suitcase for 2 12 packs ?!?!? haha.. where do you all put all of this?? lol..

but bringing a 12 pack on is ok???

YES,

You hang the Albertson's or Walmart plastic bag over the handle of your rolling carry on. These are allowable items, no need to "PUT" them in anything.

One 12 pack in one Walmart plastic bag, the other 12 pack in the other Walmart bag----"Matching Luggage!!:D

Dan

So, looking under the FAQs, where it talks about the liquor allowed and whatnot, its says you can bring a "SMALL QUANITY" of non alcoholic beverages,(water, soda, etc)....

Whats the definition of "small quanity" to you all?? hehe, not sure what that means exactly..

Considering they limit cooler size to 12x12x12, I'm going to say they would consider whatever would fit into that sized cooler to be reasonable. I suspect Carnival would say that whatever fits in a large suitcase would be unreasonable.

So, we can just put a 12 pack in our carry on or whatever?? Now, there are 2 couples, all 4 of us are in a room together.. can each couple bring a 12 pack?? or does that matter...

( I have been on several cruises, but have never brought on my own soda or water)

YES,

You hang the Albertson's or Walmart plastic bag over the handle of your rolling carry on. These are allowable items, no need to "PUT" them in anything.

One 12 pack in one Walmart plastic bag, the other 12 pack in the other Walmart bag----"Matching Luggage!!:D

Dan

haha.. seriously? its that easy? We can just stick it in a plastic bag along with our carry on and thats ok??

Archived