How many swimsuits poll

HOW MANY SUITS AND WHAT KIND...cans select more than 1 answer!!!  

352 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MANY SUITS AND WHAT KIND...cans select more than 1 answer!!!

• NONE...I hate getting wet!
    • Just 1
    • 2...that way I have 1 to wear while the other dries
    • 7...that way I have a new 1 for each cruise day
    • String Bikini
    • Conservative Bikini
    • Tankini
    • 1 piece suit
    • A mix of 2 piece and 1 piece suits
    • Board shorts over the suit

I take 3 or 4---however many I have that look good!

Sassy Chassis---no one KNOWS if your suit "co-ordinates" with your outfit--since you don't wear them at the same time!

Ha ha ha! I do! I wore my brown under my brown...my black under my black...etc. :rolleyes:

I prefer to pack light, but swimsuits are the one area I don't skimp on. I'll take 3 or 4 for a week long cruise. They take up hardly any space, you don't have to be careful packing them and some days we spend most of our time in a swimsuit.

One of them is taken for the hot tub, I consider it to be sacrificial.

I don't want to be wearing the same 2 suits all week.

For a week long cruise, I will take 5 or 6. I have so many swimsuits. They are conservative bikinis. I love to buy them, and wear them on our cruises. They don't take up much room. I also have started buying the matching skirt bottoms to go with them to wear as coverups on the bottom.

I bring five suits on a 7 day cruise. I live in FL. It's the law here to own many suits! :rolleyes: I've recently started the transition from bikinis to one piece suits (I'm 48 now...cut me some slack!) so I have a variety of both. For hanging out on the ship, or active shore excursions, I prefer a nice (NOT FRUMPY) one piece. For beaching it, or hanging out at the pool at home, a bikini is nice. I still like to get my tummy tan! :p

I think it would depend on how much pool time/water excursions you're planning on. If you're not doing water excursions at each port, keep in mind 3 days are at sea. You really wouldn't need 5-6 suits. On my last cruise, I brought 3, and actually wore each of them. This next cruise, I'll probably bring 3. My packing energy is primarily spent on evening wear. I like to dress up, but like to have the option to change to more casual dress after the show, in case I don't feel like staying dressed. Although, I definitely overpacked on my last trip, being the fashioneaster that I am!

For a week long cruise, I will take 5 or 6. I have so many swimsuits. They are conservative bikinis. I love to buy them, and wear them on our cruises. They don't take up much room. I also have started buying the matching skirt bottoms to go with them to wear as coverups on the bottom.

Let me guess. You also wear them to the dining room.

My mom and I both bought 2 swimsuits for the cruise, I have a giraffe print suit which is somewhat a dress style suit, and then I have a black skirted dress suit, my mom has a tankini she has a solid black top, solid black skirted bottom, red white and black tankini top, and black and pink shorts bottoms, so she can just mix and match.

My story about why you should have more than 1 swimsuit with you.

We were at an AI in Cancun and I got up to use the restroom. I was wearing a (conservative for some people's standards) bikini with a halter top that had a plastic hooky-thing at the neck and at the bra-line back. I leaned over to wash my hands and heard something hit the wall before I felt the beeze I received on the girls. I took off my top and tried desperately to somehow make the ends fasten or tie together. No such luck. Luckily, I had a small sarong around my hips, so I took it off and kinda folded it, since it was shear and made a top out of it. (No towel with me or left behind in the bathroom.) When I got back to my hubby at the pool he looked at me and asked me where I got my new top! And yes, I brought like 5 different suits with me but only wore 2. When I got back home I purchased a new hooky-thing to fix the broken one, I really love that bikini.

So please ladies...make sure you have either metal hooks on your suits or be prepared for the unexpected to occur!

My story about why you should have more than 1 swimsuit with you.

We were at an AI in Cancun and I got up to use the restroom. I was wearing a (conservative for some people's standards) bikini with a halter top that had a plastic hooky-thing at the neck and at the bra-line back. I leaned over to wash my hands and heard something hit the wall before I felt the beeze I received on the girls. I took off my top and tried desperately to somehow make the ends fasten or tie together. No such luck. Luckily, I had a small sarong around my hips, so I took it off and kinda folded it, since it was shear and made a top out of it. (No towel with me or left behind in the bathroom.) When I got back to my hubby at the pool he looked at me and asked me where I got my new top! And yes, I brought like 5 different suits with me but only wore 2. When I got back home I purchased a new hooky-thing to fix the broken one, I really love that bikini.

So please ladies...make sure you have either metal hooks on your suits or be prepared for the unexpected to occur!

That happened to me too, but I was on an excursion. I would've had to take a boat ride back to the ship, but lucky for me the gift shop sold swim suits. I agree, make sure you have a metal hook 'cause you never know when that plastic hook is gonna just SNAP! LOL

Archived