The happy parents need suggestions

O.K. I am too excited! My daughter’s birthday is today 11/23 and her SO just proposed. DH and I are very happy and excited about the future “event”. (no date just happened). We are having our fun short cruise together on the Paradise 7/1/04 to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the day they met. Suggestions for a surprise when they enter their cabin, it’s their first cruise and remember we are parents :) Also what abbreviation should I use for him on the boards now? LOL

O.K. I am too excited! Paradise 7/1/04 to

ohhhh i hope you meant 2005...coz if not--you missed the boat.

Carnival has cabin decoartion- for a price- check the web page uder gifts. YOu can chose froom birthday/congrats/ bon voyage or anniversary. You can order a cake to be in the room. Choc covered heart shape. Drink coupons. Lots of stuff- check it out

I agree with FSIL - works well.

I think just the fact that they are on a cruise with their wonderful parents (and future in-laws) should be enough BUT ---- if you must do something I would go with something simple like photo coupons so they could remember this time with fond memories. You didn't say how old they are and whether they are able to drink alcoholic beverages BUT if they can then I would throw in some drink coupons also.

The happy couple is in their 30's. I love the photo coupon idea as they just told us over turkey yesterday they want to get married the morning before we board for our cruise with a “reception” later in the summer! OK so the decorated cabin and the wedding package of goodies is a must as well. Thanks for all of the great ideas! Honeymoon??? They think it is the cat’s meow we will be celebrating their marriage and our anniversary together over drinks of the day at the pool!

Suggest checking the web sites below for cabin gifts.

www.classiquegifts.com

www.giftsahoyinc.com

www.cruisegiftsonline.com (ocean promotions)

www.shipboardgifts.com

www.wellwishers.com (pricey)

bon voyage gifts 1-800-217-4438

www.basketsbycelebrations.com (NOLA no alcohol)

Just because of you 1-800-882-9707 (very good prices but will substitute)

Linda the Book Lover,

What a glorious way to celebrate both events! Where are they bridal couple getting married at on the morning of the cruise?

The weddings on the ship, before setting sail from the pier, are so beautiful. You are even allowed to have non-cruising guests attend the ceremony. Have you looked into that option?

My daughter wants to keep the cruise as the special trip we planned earlier and requested the wedding not occur on the ship. It was my first thought too! :) They decided on a very intimate wedding and a large reception the following month to include friends and other family members. They thought it would be fun to say the vows, wave goodbye, and get right on the ship.

Archived