NCL cruisers & itinerary

Ladder55

NCL cruisers,

sometimes its hard picking a ship and a itinerary

some cruisers pick a cruise based on ship, some go based on itinerary.

we did a poll to see which ships seem to be popular, so I would like to add the itinerary.

which ports of call are your favorite to date?

I went to the cayman islands a few years ago and it was so beautiful. Definitly one of my favorites. But I wouldn't pick an itinerary based on that. I choose cruises based on what's leaving around the dates I want to go and what week has the better price.

I went to the cayman islands a few years ago and it was so beautiful. Definitly one of my favorites. But I wouldn't pick an itinerary based on that. I choose cruises based on what's leaving around the dates I want to go and what week has the better price.

have not been to the caymen yet, ive heard its great and my dw wants to go to the rum factory

In the spirit of candor, my wife and I absolutely value a "bare minimum" of ports ... and we definately prefer days at sea, the more the merrier. There is something about the movement of the ship, watching the wake, the breeze, that we find absolutely intoxicating...and we will always choose an itinerary based on number of sea days.

That being said, if we had to choose our favourite ports, they would be:

1) Aruba

2) St. Thomas

3) Grand Cayman

Michael

In the Caribbean, we usually pick the ship over the itinerary. We consider the ship the destination.

For this cruise, the Mediterranian, those on the boards told me to pick the itinerary over the ship. It just so happened in addition to a nice itinerary, the ship (Gem) is highly regarded AND it came with a great price.

My new favorite ports I know are going to be anything in Italy.:)

We love St Lucia, all of the Hawaiian islands and Helsinki, Finland. This year we are looking forward to finding a new favorite in the Western Mediterranean. We would love for NCL to go to more islands in the Caribbean than they currently visit.

ARUBA

BERMUDA

DOMINCA

LABADEE

ST.LUCIA

LEAST FAVORITES:

ANTIGUA

ST. THOMAS

ST.MARTIN/ST.MARTEEN

SAN JUAN:eek:

As a former plane spotter, I LOVE going to Maho Beach, which is right at the end of the runway threshold for Princess Juliana Airport. Get there by early afternoon, and one can see the Air France and KLM "Heavies" from Europe, most of the North American (CO, DL, US) mainline flights, and even a few from South America that very rarely get to airports near us.

There is -- or at least "Was" -- the Sunset Bar at Maho Beach, great for some Rum Based drink or an ice cold beer, while watching the planes land.

Michael

Ladder.. this one is a difficult one for me to give a specific on. If I had to choose some place that was our favorite, it would be any Alaskan port we have been to. I couldn't say just one. We love many different ports for different reasons. Alaska is on the top of our list because of the awesome beauty. It is literally breath taking. I am not a religious person in the traditional sense, but when we were there all I kept saying was that Alaska must be where God lives.

We love many Caribbean and Mexican ports. One huge factor for us is the local people. When you can see how friendly they are and when you can see how proud they are of their "home town", it just makes a port even more special.

I can tell you without hesitation the port we like the least..Jamacia. We hated it and I am sorry if this offends anyone, but it was stricktly because of the way the locals treated us. It may have only been a few, but it was enough we will never go back there again. We were threathened by a guy with a knife because we would not buy pot from him and this was while our cruiseline (RCCL) purchased excursion tour guides watched and did nothing. We were physically pushed and pulled at Dunns river falls or Ocho Rio's falls..whatever the heck that place is called..by the merchants until we finally bought something, again out of fear of our safety. If we are ever looking at taking a cruise and we see Jamacia on the list, we just move on to the next cruise. I am sure there are many very good and decent Jamacians, it is just sad that the few bad ones have ruined the beautiful island for us and made it so horrific for us we will never step foot on Jamacian soil again.

For me:

Best:

#1 Belize (natural beauty and interesting excursions)

#2 Jamaica (ditto, but I'm sure if I had an experience like Terry I would quickly change my mind!)

#3 Tortola (feel like a pirate there)

Worst:

Grand Cayman. Overpriced and I never want to kiss a stingray again. :p

We have to cruise during DD's February school break, so I look at everything that's leaving from Florida that week and pick from a combination of the ship and the itinerary.

Barb

For me:

Best:

#1 Belize (natural beauty and interesting excursions)

#2 Jamaica (ditto, but I'm sure if I had an experience like Terry I would quickly change my mind!)

#3 Tortola (feel like a pirate there)

Worst:

Grand Cayman. Overpriced and I never want to kiss a stingray again. :p

We have to cruise during DD's February school break, so I look at everything that's leaving from Florida that week and pick from a combination of the ship and the itinerary.

Barb

Barb... I just had to say I didn't care for Grand Cayman either. Doug really liked it, but I just didn't for some reason. It wasn't the people were bad, etc.. and it was beautiful...it just wasn't very outstanding to me.

I am stuck

We would love to go to Bermuda, but they don't sail there in Jan/Feb.

Dh and I am trying to figure out where to sail next, but we need to sail in those months. We are looking at an eastern or southern itinerary,any suggestions? its way hard to decide:confused:

My favorites are:

Puerta Vallarta

Ziahutanejo-I wish the Star would go back to the 8 day

St. Marten

Costa Maya-I hear it's back and good (the town)

Samana, D.R.-out in the hills

And then all the rest.

Itinerary is why the DW and I tried our first NCL trip, but now it's the line too!

Archived