Extra Charges in Specialty Restaurants??

MikeDavid

I can't seem to get a clear answer on this question from anyone at NCL.

I know there's a surcharge to get into some of the restaurants, which is fine. But is there an additional charge on top of that for some of the menu items? If we go to Cagney's and pay the $20 surcharge to get in, is there an additional charge if we order lobster or the large steak? Does anyone know the answer to this?

I know there's a surcharge to get into some of the restaurants, which is fine. But is there an additional charge on top of that for some of the menu items? If we go to Cagney's and pay the $20 surcharge to get in, is there an additional charge if we order lobster or the large steak? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Yes, there is an extra charge for some items in most of the speciality restaurants...Cagney's being one of them. The items that are an extra charge will be listed as such. And yes, lobster is an extra charge in Cagney's.

CG

Hi, Mike.

From the menu's I've seen, there is an extra charge of $10 for Crab Legs, Lobster, and Porterhouse Steak. I've read good and bad reviews and everything in between. Just shows how subjective food is among cruisers. The majority are good to great, however.

Duane

We were just on the Dawn last week. I had a very large (no extra charge) rib-eye and my husband ordered the surf and turf for an additional $10. The lobster tail was large, but he actually thought the lobster in the main dining room the next night was just as good or better. That being said, we thought the $50 we paid for this meal was well worth what we got (we each ordered multiple appetizers, the portions were huge and the desserts were fabulous).

[

quote=MikeDavid;18425036]I can't seem to get a clear answer on this question from anyone at NCL.

Just read something on that. Go here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=12550250

We love lobster and wanted to know which night they serve lobster and which dining area. What was your experience ??? Thanks!

We were just on the Dawn last week. I had a very large (no extra charge) rib-eye and my husband ordered the surf and turf for an additional $10. The lobster tail was large, but he actually thought the lobster in the main dining room the next night was just as good or better. That being said, we thought the $50 we paid for this meal was well worth what we got (we each ordered multiple appetizers, the portions were huge and the desserts were fabulous).

Do you mean you pay $25 to eat at Cagney's and extra $10 to get the Crab Legs, Lobster, and Porterhouse Steak? or $10 extra for each of the Crab Legs, or Lobster or Porterhouse Steak?

"or" -- no extra servings of the $10 surcharge items

here is a link to a picture of the Cagney's menu for the House Specialties -- each are $10

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2965382190101666721xcfJxb

My family & I took a 13 day cruise to Europe on the Jade this past summer. We ate in Cagney's at least 4 times. It was well worth it. We splurged on lobster and crab legs once or twice. But if you just stick with the main menu you won't be at all disappointed (we weren't disappointed with the addidtional either). Appetizers, salads, steaks, deserts, we were bursting at the seams. Service was so nice. So not rushed. So personal. We got to know the matre'd and the waiters.

I'll dine with my children at Cagney's at least 3 times while on my next 7 day cruise. We will probably never dine in the main dining room.

To each his own. Everyone has to decide where they want to spend their money. Bon Appetit.

Yes, there is an additional $10 charge for lobster, crab and a porterhouse for two. There are PLENTY of other choices that do not require an additional charge and they are wonderful!!! The rack of lamb is delicious and huge. (Four or five bones)

Also: try the clam chowder. I would really love a bowl or four right now. :D

Take care,

Mike

Cute Monte.. very cute. Did you have the pic in your library for such an occasion? Goober.

Nope. Google is my friend!

Goober?

Okay, you!:D I thought I was over my cough, but apparently a big laugh will set it off...you stinker!

Stinker?

goober.jpg.f31cb8dc6f17d705b592898c225dc07f.jpg

skunk.jpg.6af86952093683fe394b65979245adc2.jpg

You're not fooling me. I watched the Andy Griffith Show and Goober is the guy in that attachment

Okay, so now you owe me a new computer screen, keyboard, AND more breathing meds! It's gonna cost ya'!:D

Archived