Luggage transfers

Liz

I'm working on flights for 5/22/09 Radiance of the Seas and trying to keep costs to a minimum. Unfortunately, I don't have enough FF miles to take care of my round-trip air (sigh). But I do have a one-way rewards ticket on AirTran. Flying to Vancouver is not so much the problem - it's actually pretty affordable. The return from Anchorage to Tampa on Sat. 5/30 PM or Sun. 5/31 AM is the sticky part. I'm looking at this itinerary:

Continental #223 dep. ANC 12:40am, arr. SEA 5:05am. Connect with Airtran #19 dep. SEA 7:00am, arr. ATL 2:53pm, dep. ATL 3:50pm, arr. TPA 5:27pm. If I go with this schedule, will Continental forward my luggage (1 suitcase) to Airtran, or will I have to claim it and check in again at Airtran?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Keep in mind you will have to claim your bag, recheck it, go back through security, and to your gate. Give yourself at least 2 hours in case your first flight is running late. I would suggest about 3 hour layover.

Another option is land at a nearby airport such as Orlando or Sarasota or even Ft Myers if the price is right. Hopefully someone can pick you up!

Alaska Air has a one way flight from ANC > MCO for $349 on 5/30

Thanks for the advice! I used to travel quite a bit for business but the baggage rules have changed. I guess I'll look for another alternative - MCO and the other airports are not convenient alternatives.

Liz

Archived