What do you think about Deck 12?

We are planning a trip on the Oasis March 20, 2010. It will be my son's 21st birthday.

I have received a better quote for D6 (deck 12 & 14) vs D8 (deck 6 & 8). What do you guys think about deck 12? I've not heard too many people talk about this deck. I am a walker and I don't think I took the elevator once on the Freedom except when we were leaving and carrying a few suit cases, so the walking doesn't bother me. I just want to make sure I am thinking of all the pros and cons.

I don't see a deck 13 listed, so I am guessing there is no deck 13.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

We are booked on deck 12 for the reason it is perfect for us to be near just about everything. A few steps will do us good. We are near the stairs and mid ship ,perfect. I have been calling to try to upgrade on that floor to midship junior suite but no luck they said there are only 8 on that floor oceanside?We have 3 rooms on that floor.

I am booked on deck 10 in a D8 it was like 1174.00 with tax port fees and insurance!! I was with ecruise.com

The wife and I are booked on back-to-backs starting 5/1/2010 in cabin 6278, which is a D8 on deck 6. I've been sort of studying the Oasis since I first heard about it last year, and I'm a little confused.

The deck plans on RCI's site for the Oasis shows there are no D8 cabins above deck 8. Are you sure you have your facts straight? Do you have your itinerary? What is the cabin number you are booked in?

Also, $1174.00 pp incl. port fees, tax and insurance for any balcony cabin on the Oasis in 2010 is a REAL bargain - unless you are traveling in September during the height of the hurricane season!

I was just curious...and I wouldn't want a fellow cruiser to be disappointed!

Harvey

sorry it is a D7...cabin 10290. and we are going 10/16/2010!! There is a bunch of us going.... Do you really think that price is good.... we also get 50.00 on board credit per cabin!!

After doing further research on pricing of balcony cabins, I discovered Sept. AND Oct. are significantly less than some other months. We're paying $1570.00 & $1460.00, (incl.tax & port fees), respectively for our back-to-backs starting May 1st. (no on board credit, either). And the summer months are even more.

So yes, I think comparing apples to apples without regard to which month it is, you got a great price. I hope the seas are calm for you!

Harvey

After doing further research on pricing of balcony cabins, I discovered Sept. AND Oct. are significantly less than some other months. We're paying $1570.00 & $1460.00, (incl.tax & port fees), respectively for our back-to-backs starting May 1st. (no on board credit, either). And the summer months are even more.

So yes, I think comparing apples to apples without regard to which month it is, you got a great price. I hope the seas are calm for you!

Harvey

We are booked on a Category D5 (deck 12) and our rate is $1,159.00 p.p. for November 13, 2010 sailing. We will also be receiving a discount for being Diamond Plus members of $100.00 p.p.. It pays to book early and have a knowledgeable travel agent!! I can't wait for our cruise to be here!!!

Archived