Pre-Cruise hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

mojosmama

We are staying 2 nights Pre-Cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. I am trying to decide between the Fort Lauderdale Grande hotel or the Embassy Suites (17th Street). We are looking for a good pool, good distance to beach and easy access to the airport and pier. We won't have a car. Any opinions? :confused:

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites before and really loved it. It had a great pool area, a good breakfast and the 2 hour free happy hour every day. We are staying there again in Dec. It is a short walk to lots of restaurants, liquor stores and a shopping center. Plus, it is about 4 blocks from the water taxi, and from that you can get to the beach.

We had friends that stayed at the Grand. They said it was nice, but they did not get a breakfast included, and the breakfast there was very expensive. Plus they did not get the happy hour. The grand is closer to the water taxi stop though if you do not like to walk. If you have any questions about the ES just ask. Also, if you go to about page 3 or 4 of the florida boards threads, you will find a link that you can make your reservation on that will save you some money. I think it is something like, Embassy suites is on sale. All you have to do is register or sign in with your Hilton Honors card, and you will get it cheaper than anywhere else. We saved over 35$ in Dec. and over 50$ for a reservation I had for July.

Claudia

These hotels are 4 blocks from each other and both offer what you are looking for, except the ES gives you free breakfast and happy hour. Both are nice. ES is surrounded by commercial buildings/shopping centers, while the Grande is a waterfront resort. You cannot walk to the beach from either, so you might want to decide by price alone.

We have stayed at Embassy Suites before and will again March 10th.

Reason for staying there have been completely explained by previous posters.

One additional thing to mention is that the "SUN TROLLEY" stop is right in front of the

building so if you have any interest in going some where for $1.00 one way it is right there.

Google "SUN TROLLEY" and it will give you all the information about it.

We are staying 2 nights Pre-Cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. I am trying to decide between the Fort Lauderdale Grande hotel or the Embassy Suites (17th Street). We are looking for a good pool, good distance to beach and easy access to the airport and pier. We won't have a car. Any opinions? :confused:

Are you sailing on the Zuiderdam this month? We're looking for a pre cruise hotel also.

Since Fort Lauderdale's beaches are so gorgeous, I'd stay on the water and go with the Fort Lauderdale Grande.

We too are looking for a hotel but I think we are going to go on Priceline and bid on 3 1/2stars downtown and pray I get ES. We have a group of 8 with us so ES would work out great.

Make sure you book four rooms on priceline. Also, I wouldn't pray for the Embassy Suites because the Riverside on Las Olas is a much nicer hotel in a much better location.

Archived