Are there still cruises requiring no passport?

jimw

I want to know why it is that no matter how many people ask the question as easy as are there still cruise that don't require a pass port people alway still want to tell someone they should get one when that isn't what they asked. Are there cruises? yes and the majority of cruises fot that bill... done

I always wonder about that too. It should be answers that say no, you don't need one now, you don't need one June 1, or anytime in the foreseeable future, if you are a US citizen going on a closed-loop, unless you go to these ports _________, but you might want to consider getting one for these reasons __________.

I'm headed for my third cruise to Mexico and I don't have a passport. The ports I'm going to have modern, state of the art hospitals. Besides, if I suffered a true medical life and death emergency, there's no way I'd have time to fly back to a U.S. hospital, would I?

People who cruise without a passport know they're taking a small risk that they can't immediately fly home. I live in California. If worst comes to worst, I can always drive home.

What I'm saying is to each their own. If you have a passport and it makes you feel safe and secure and you enjoy traveling all over the world, more power to you. People have free will for a reason.

Please, you are not allowed to form a well thought out opinion here:rolleyes::p.

What about to Grand Turk?

Also, I have read a little about the passport card, is anyone familiar with them?

Waste of money. They are more for people who live near borders and travel by vehicle back and forth. You would be left with the same emergency situations as a birth certificate and for the money difference, a passport is a wiser option.

I don't know about Grand Turk.

everyone needs to ignore the comments of Slimpickins user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

they are just stiring the pot regarding passports, They have done this on just about every thread regarding passports.

this person has some deep reason for not getting a passport or for anyone else getting one.

to a first time cruiser or someone that lives near the border get a passport it will make your life so much easer at the airport, border and checking in to your curise.

yes you can do everything with a DL and a CBC but it is a hassle IMHO

LOL, if expressing my opinion about why I choose to not get a PP is stirring the pot, well then call me a Pot Stirrer. I dont tell ppl to get a PP(like you and others) when their question is "Do I need a PP?". Nor do I say you should never get a PP.

To Lizard, Saying I wont get when now because they are not needed does not contradict saying I will get one if getting a PP would become a requirement for cruising(that was the jist).

Any who, do as you like as will I:D.

I always wonder about that too. It should be answers that say no, you don't need one now, you don't need one June 1, or anytime in the foreseeable future, if you are a US citizen going on a closed-loop, unless you go to these ports _________, but you might want to consider getting one for these reasons __________.

Because if they did that, it would actually answer the question:D. yst34 and zyvol do the best job of answering the question about PPs without putting their personal beliefs about PP into the equation.

What about to Grand Turk?

Also, I have read a little about the passport card, is anyone familiar with them?

Grand turk is included with the closed loop cruise exception. I think that is what you were asking??

Quote and link:http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/inspections_carriers_facilities/closed_loop_faq.xml

Contiguous Territories are any country sharing a common boundary with the United States. Canada and Mexico are contiguous to the United States.

Adjacent Islands as follows: Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Marie-Galantine, Martinique, Miquelon, Montserrat, Saba, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Christopher, Saint Eustatius, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Maarten, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, and other British, French and Netherlands territory or possessions bordering on the Caribbean Sea.

Info if you would like to read:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Turk_Island

Archived