Boston departure

emdia43

I am trying to find non-stop from Louisville to Boston - SWA airlines goes to Providence R.I. or Manchester N.H. which they have listed as 'Boston area'.

Is it worth going to one of these towns and then taxi to the port (Boston),so that I can avoid taking connecting flights ? Is that even practical?

Both airports are at least an hour from Boston. A cab would be expensive. There is ground transportation (bus/train), but that is time consuming and would probably eat up any time that you saved by a direct flight.

Are you flying in the same day of the cruise? What are your dates?

We haven't booked anything yet, still shopping. I would fly in the day before the cruise (NCL Spirit to Bermuda) if we decide on it, but that sounds like further than is practical, just to avoid a second flight.

I am trying to find non-stop from Louisville to Boston - SWA airlines goes to Providence R.I. or Manchester N.H. which they have listed as 'Boston area'.

Is it worth going to one of these towns and then taxi to the port (Boston),so that I can avoid taking connecting flights ? Is that even practical?

Manchester, NH is about an hour away from Boston, and regular shuttle service is available to Boston for about twenty dolllars per person.

Here is the link:

http://www.flymanchester.com/transportation/shuttle_service.php

Providence RI is about an hour south of Boston and bus service is available through Peter Pan Bus lines. You would need to check the airport website to find out about schedules. etc...

I have flown to and from Manchester a few times and used the shuttle.

The shuttle drops off at the Sullivan Square rapid transit station whidh is on the outskirts of Boston, but a quick subway or taxi ride to the peir.

Is there a limo service through NCL or just at the port to get us to probably JFK-can you buy a transfer on the ship (NCL Gem) ,, We are cruising in from Barcelona, trans-atlantic in November. Is Southwest flying from NY to Boston after September 9th>

It's unclear as to exactly what Southwest is planning for Boston and New York. Even if they fly into Logan or LaGuardia, it is possible that there would not be service between the two airports.

You have two other choices - train and bus. Port Authority and Penn Station are a short cab ride from the pier. For the train you could get off at Rte128 and have someone pick you up there. For the bus there is service stopping at Framingham every three hours or so. That would be the closest to Marlborough.

According to their people they will be flying into Boston after September which is fine, but they are flying out of LaGuardia and some other odd airport..lol. Think I 'll let Parrot Pop worry about this one.. I need to get ready for Amazon cruise on a month.. I just hate going through the airports and the bus charges you full fare for one way.. oh well

Don't rely on bus transportation from the Providence airport. you would have to take a taxi to the north side of Providence, where the bus terminal is located.

I would recommend getting a flight directly to Boston.

Archived