Liberty 3/21/09 - Virgin Excursion advice please.

hi guys. We're on the Liberty on 21st March. I know we can book on the ship itself, but wanted to do some research into what sort of excursions to look into. It will be our first cruise.

We want a balance. We obviously can't afford everything going, but at teh same time, don't want to go that far and miss out some unforgettable experiences. Also, book via Ship, or do a solo on the respective islands?

Can you peeps, give me, maybe, a top two or three for each of our stops? I am guessing Labadee is just an extension of the ship and is really just meant for a relaxing stop?

Look forward to hearing from you guys...

Kam & Anita, UK:confused:

Liberty is a great ship--you will have a great time! There is an "All Things Liberty" thread on here somewhere that you should take a look at if you have time--it's long, but will get you excited.

Labadee is a great beach day, but there are fun things. I did the zip line, which was a lot of fun. There are jet skis, kids things, and several other excursions--if you want to do them, you go thru RCI, and I would book soon. It's nice to just relax at the beach as well. There is a market and other shops as well.

I don't know what your other ports are, but I would look at the RC website to see what excursions they offer, then look at the forums on here for the various ports to see what people recommend. Some people always go through the cruise line, but some swear by various independent tour guides.

Have a great time!

I don't know what your other ports are, but I would look at the RC website to see what excursions they offer, then look at the forums on here for the various ports to see what people recommend. Some people always go through the cruise line, but some swear by various independent tour guides.

Have a great time!

Thanks for that. We're at Labadee, Montego Bay, George Town and then Cozumel....

Just thought people would have a top two or three...

I'll look on teh site and then have a search around

thanks

Kam

Yep, you are correct, Labadee is just a nice beach day.

As far as the others - Cruise Critic has a Port of Call board for each of those ports. When I am planning my excursions, I go to the port of call boards and look at the suggestions there. And if anyone has a problem with a tour, THAT will be posted there as well. ;)

To book a private tour verses a ship one is all a matter of preference, price and comfort level. Some tours are only available through the cruiseline. Some are priced lower when you do it through a private.

And I could make suggestions for each of those ports but MY idea of a good time might be different from yours. :D

What do you like to do? Are you adventurous? Just want to relax on a beach? Want to go wine tasting? Touring and shopping? Everyone is different so my favorite tour may not be yours.

I can tell you the most talked about tours from those ports and you can start there...

Cozumel - Beaches (Paradise, Passion or Nachi) or Dolphin swimming (Chankanaab)

Grand Caymen - Stingray City (swimming with the rays)

Mo Bay - Climbing the falls at Ocho. It's a long excursion with a long bus ride.

Thanks for that. I take your point about differing interests, but your post has been really helpful already. Cheers.

Barb, I just read that you wanted to know through CC if we're interested in the crawl and exchange? Well, the man from del monte.....He say YES!!!

Kam.

Archived