Sun Princess 27 Feb Price Drop

floridakeith

My wife and I booked a JJ inside cabin on Caribe deck some months ago at $999 each. While surfing for possible future cruises I noticed that Princess have dropped the price of all inside cabins except II grade to $899.

Not having experienced this before I e-mailed our travel agent to ask what now? She has just come back with the news that Princess have reduced our price by $100. We are happy with our cabin location so this is fine.

I am happy with that but left with the lurking suspicion that if I hadn't noticed it nothing would have been said when we paid our final balance in a few days.

Should our travel agent have noticed and done something or should Princess have automatically reduced the price? What is other people's experience?

Cruise lines, like hotels, airlines and your local retail store will reduce prices when they need to move the product. Just good business.

Should the cruise line reduce your price? Maybe, maybe not. After all, you did agree to the price. And, if they now reduce the price to EVERYONE, their income will drop, and then service, etc. etc.

Should your Travel Agent catch this? Maybe, maybe not. It takes lots of checking to watch all the prices and then look to see what you client paid. I would hope your TA would catch it, but they are busy checking 186 different options for the upcoming cruise for Mr and Mrs Smith. They can not keep up with everything.

Archived