Is decorating your door tacky?

geneology

My own opinion is that it is all a bit sad really. The only thing on my door will be a "do not disturb" sign!;)

My own opinion is that is sad. And unimaginative. And lacks of sense of fun. But feeling the need to express a negative opinion over a harmless activity that other people find fun oscillates wildly between hilarious and tiresome.

Decorate! I'm going to this year.

Don't let the party poopers stop you. Those are the same people who are so TERRIBLY OFFENDED at everything on the ship that it "ruins their vacation", lol.

And elegant hallways? Give me a break. That is the most boring view in the world. I love to see decorated doors. It really helps to know you are in the right place and on the right floor.

Can't wait to do it for the Med trip in September and love all suggestions. Will incorporate Arizona since that is where we are from. Not sure what else.

Those of us that prefer the undecorated doors are not "TERRIBLY OFFENDED at everything on the ship". And we have never had a problem knowing that we were on the right floor and can find our right room. Many of us are long time cruisers and even prefer a cruise vacation over any other type of vacation.

My own opinion is that is sad. And unimaginative. And lacks of sense of fun. But feeling the need to express a negative opinion over a harmless activity that other people find fun oscillates wildly between hilarious and tiresome.

The original poster asked "Is decorating your door tacky?" and anyone giving a negative answer is just expressing their answer to the op's question.

My own opinion is that it is all a bit sad really. The only thing on my door will be a "do not disturb" sign!;)

This is sad?

1adkchair.jpg

Granted the stone work isn't necessarily my taste, but I'd hardly call it sad ;)

I refer you to the OP. They asked a question. I answered it. I certainly don't care if other people decorate their doors. I can assure you my sense of fun is extremely well developed :D. You are welcome to join me for a fun filled evening on QM2 or Connie but bring your hard-hat and harness because it'll be wild ride!! ;)

Just had to add my 2 cents worth. If you don't like it don't look at it. Just like the TV or Radio, they all have on/off switch and a channel selector. People are just having fun. Let's face it we all and I mean all do tacky, childish things from time to time.

We've done 2 cruises as a family and we had so much fun decorating our door! It made our room feel more like a "home away from home" for the time we were there.

My feeling is anything that makes your vacation more fun is fair game, as long it isn't patently offensive to someone else!

For my upcoming cruise with my girlfriends, I'm thinking of making a single door sign as sort of a "surprise" for them, but I haven't decided yet. We'll see if I have time.

I just found some Mexican/fiesta themed decorations at the Dollar Tree to use for decorating the inside of our cabin when we head to Mexico. Whoo Hoo...I love decorating, and I love it even better when it's inexspensive!

Cruises are to have fun on right? So why not let everyone know that your enjoying and having the time of your life! If that means decorating your door or balcony by all means DO IT!!!! Is it silly? Maybe. Is it fun? Yes! Just don't be tacky or disrespectful to anyone and enjoy your cruise.

I did a door decor on my last cruise with my Mother as she gets confused easily. So all she had to do was look for the "right" sign...worked well. I'd also do one if we are in the middle of a long hall....much easier to find your room.

and when we were in Turkey on Thanksgving I had a "turkey in Turkey" cute sign with turkey stickers etc (just for the one day.

I am a first time cruiser and after reading about people decorating their doors I thought it would be fun. I dont want to offend anyone.:( Just want to put up CC symbol, Palm tree, dry-erase board - Battery operated lights and lots of bling!! JK about the last two items!! :D

IMHO. It sounds pretty tacky to me, but then that's me. Do whatever you feel like :D

I got to tell you that I haven't looked at this thread because I really never decorated a door before and didn't understand why people do it. But now I get it. It brings joy and fun to people on the cruise. What can be wrong with that? I'm kind of getting into this idea now (lol).

to me it is sort of juvenile - reminds me of high school when you decorated a locker door.

I got to think that is the whole part of it. I see no problems if adults want to be a kid again:D

OK, here is the only thing I'd put on our door:

* If the ship is rocking, Blame Us. :D *

I hope you don't mind if I use your idea on our next cruise:p (lol)

Once I had a girl chasing me and had to make a quick getaway. I'm glad my door looked like all the others. :eek:

Yea, happens to me all the time:rolleyes:

we decorated our door for transatlantic on carnival splendor october 2008. had fun and comments about it. i also decorated inside of room and balcony since it was halloween.:p bought things at the dollar store. to each his own. other doors had halloween decorations on them which was fun to see.

434323243_ourcabindoor.jpg.2336607881f66c4568bce8370ef75400.jpg

Well everyone has their own opinions. My family (20 of us) and I did it when we went on our cruise. We had 4 cabins and each one had our slogan that went with the TSHIRTS tha we got for the cruise. It was fun and no one seemed to care about it, nor did they WALK away! My sisters bday was in the middle of the cruise and I decorated the cabin with ballons and confetti and that also stayed on the door. It was also nice fo the little one to find the room right away. Sooo........ to all they're own!!!

Don't like it? Don't do it. Otherwise, I hope I don't hear a peep out of you if I do it on my cruise because then I might have to give my aesthetic opinions or your clothes, hair, make-up, etc. :rolleyes:

Don't like it? Don't do it. Otherwise, I hope I don't hear a peep out of you if I do it on my cruise because then I might have to give my aesthetic opinions or your clothes, hair, make-up, etc. :rolleyes:

I agree! Why does something so little bother people??:o

Archived