DFW to LA... First class on AA ?

JettaGirl

Hello all!

I am leaving for a cruise next week and I will be on an American flight leaving out of DFW.

For the first time ever we got first class tickets. My one question is:

Will there be a movie to watch during the flight from DFW to LA or should I bring my laptop?!?

I am sorry if this is a silly question, I just don't know who else to ask.

TIA for any info.

AA operates 4 different aircraft types on DFW-LAX. The smallest and oldest planes, MD-80s, have no audio or video entertainment on board, so if you're in one of those, definitely take your laptop.

The other aircraft types, 737s, 757s, and 767s, are all equipped with ("mainscreen" - not in-seat) movie screens and headphone jacks, so if they have time to show a movie (or TV excerpts) they're able to do so. Frankly I don't recall if they run a movie on DFW-LAX; it's not a very long flight so they may not. But if you're on an MD-80 it's a moot point.

Regardless, for domestic flights AA provides first class pax with annoying "ear bud" earphones, so if you have some good (noise-canceling) 'phones, definitely take them.

You can see your aircraft type on your flight confirmation screens or emails.

Once you know the type of aircraft, look on www.seatguru.com It will show the good and bad seats (and why) as well as the location of overhead monitors. Less of an issue in F, but still worth looking.

The other post is correct if you're using LAX. AA uses 737-800s into SNA and MD-80s into ONT and BUR.

Archived