Ballantyne to SeaTac

zelker

Will be one of the first ships sailing AK this year (RCCL Serenade OTS). We are scheduled to arrive in Ballantyne Pier at 7:00 AM on Saturday, May 16th. The QuickCoach shuttle leaves the pier at 8:45 and would get us to SeaTac at 1:20. I'm a little nervous about being able to make that. When I asked the bus company they said that they have agents at the pier that would "try" to get us on the next one which isn't until after 10:00 and wouldn't get us to SeaTac until almost 4:00 PM. Our flight currently is scheduled on Southwest at 4:55 PM.... WAY too close.

We can certainly do the walk-off if necessary which looks to be the only way we would make this happen. Would sure appreciate any input.

Barb

You should do the walk-off on your own vs. putting your luggage outside the night before. When you submit you disembarkation form to the ship's front desk, simply mark it as "independent traveller". I've done this twice in Vancouver and had no problems. I just keep my luggage in the room and walk right off.

The shuttle to SeaTac takes you right to the south side of the terminal. Escalators will take you right up to the Southwest check-in area. Very easy

I don't think you'll have any problems. We caught a bus at 9:30 and were at SeaTac by 1pm. Your biggest obstacle is the border crossing at Blaine which can be smooth and efficient or clogged and congested. If everyone on the bus is from the cruise ship, they often waive you through quickly. If you walk off on you own, you set your own schedule.

The ship usually docks before the time listed in the schedule. All times I have done the trip on Royal Caribbean we began disembarkment no later than 7am.

Thanks for asking this question - I was looking at quickcoach schedules and was crossing my fingers I could make the early bus to Seattle (though I'm not flying out until the next day so it wasn't quite as important). I will plan on carrying my own luggage and being ready to debark early.

Hi, Chenega. Thanks for the info and the vote of confidence that we can make it! ;) I just checked and it appears we're the only ship at Ballantyne that morning so I suspect that will be in our favor as well. Have you ever rented a car and driven it?

Barb

Hi, Chenega. Thanks for the info and the vote of confidence that we can make it! ;) I just checked and it appears we're the only ship at Ballantyne that morning so I suspect that will be in our favor as well. Have you ever rented a car and driven it?

Barb

No, I've never rented a car since border traffic is so variable. The busses get their own lane and area at the border and I'm no fan of traffic on I-5 through downtown Seattle.

I really like the convenience of the bus - it boards directly outside the front door of the Ballantyne terminal and takes you right to SeaTac airport. Traffic in Vancouver can be pretty congested too and the bus drivers at least have the advantage of knowing the exact route to take.

Archived