Epic

RCDR

I like it....well...I think I will... nothing new....just new to ships. Many hotels did and do have a sink outside of the restroom/shower area. When I served in the military....same thing....sink in the room....rest of the stuff down the hall...or shared between two rooms.

Chuck

Does anyone feel this new concept of having the vanity/sinik area in the BEDROOM is stupid! I myself do not like this 'concept', no privacy....:confused:

I agree with the previous poster, this is not a new concept, it is only new to cruise ships. I for one think it will be one of those things that even those who do not think they will like it will eventually end up seeing the practicality of it and like it.

I can't see this setup working for my DH and myself. He is a night owl who stays up until 3 am and sleeps until 11. I sleep 12 to 8 am. This means that for one person to brush teeth or go from toilet to shower they are in and out of the main part of the cabin where the other person is sleeping or trying to sleep. How do you put on makeup without turning on the light and waking the other person up?

The mini-suite cabin we had on the Star was a great setup for us. The toilet is in its own compartment within the bathroom so one person can get all cleaned up without ever entering the main cabin and two people can access the sink and toilet at the same time.

Take a good look at the artist's rendering of the staterooms. Start to the right of the door, which is the shower. See the drape that goes across the room?

Many high priced hotel do the same, since many use the sink as a wet bar. Some have it in the hall on the way to the bathroom. Sinks are getting around.

So until you actually use it.......... then let us know.

Does anyone feel this new concept of having the vanity/sinik area in the BEDROOM is stupid! I myself do not like this 'concept', no privacy....:confused:

Having the sink outside of the bathroom is a terrible idea in terms of infection control. If one has norovirus, which is not uncommon on a cruise ship and uses the toilet. You have no where to wash your hands without having to touch things like the door handle and possibly other things along the way as you leave the water closet to get to the sink outside the water closet. It could be a nightmare when they have their first noro outbreak.

Archived