Need advice for cruise insurance for B2B

Promisekeeper

This is our first B2B on the Solstice in May. Should we get one policy to include the dates of both cruises, plus the 6 days we are in Tuscany, or one for each cruise, adding the dates for the post cruise travel to the second cruise? We have gotten insurance through the cruise line before, also Access America and CSA. Any recommendations? We are using Skymiles points for airfare, but what if we had to fly back unexpectedly due to family emergency at home? Just trying to think of all the angles.

Thanks.

This is our first B2B on the Solstice in May. Should we get one policy to include the dates of both cruises, plus the 6 days we are in Tuscany, or one for each cruise, adding the dates for the post cruise travel to the second cruise? We have gotten insurance through the cruise line before, also Access America and CSA. Any recommendations? We are using Skymiles points for airfare, but what if we had to fly back unexpectedly due to family emergency at home? Just trying to think of all the angles.

Thanks.

We used Travelex via InsureMyTrip.com to do our BtoB insurance for our fall european trip +. Ours includes the two cruises, flights and a week's stay at WaltDisneyWorld. We have been very pleased with their service over the years. There is an additional fee for any package over 30 days but it is very reasonable.

We used Travelex via InsureMyTrip.com to do our BtoB insurance for our fall european trip +. Ours includes the two cruises, flights and a week's stay at WaltDisneyWorld. We have been very pleased with their service over the years. There is an additional fee for any package over 30 days but it is very reasonable.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll go online and check it out. We were on the Brilliance in January and our friend fell while on an excursion in Cairo and broke her foot. We had ten days in Spain planned after the cruise and we started thinking what she would have done if it had happened after the cruise. She only had insurance for the cruise. So from now on we want to make sure the insurance covers the entire trip.

For b2b's that are over 30 days, it's actually cheaper to insure them as two separate trips. I don't think you can insure something you haven't paid for, so if you use FF miles for the air, and then have to buy an emergency flight home, I think that's covered under the trip interruption portion.

I've looked at quotewright and insuremytrip both.

Don't forget your credit card company also provides some coverage, too. Call them. I found out my Visa has baggage coverage for airline purchases. If the credit company covers the airline ticket, then you don't have to include it in the price of your trip.

Archived