5 in a family

estherhead

Have any of you sailed with 5 in a stateroom? My sister has 3 little kids (under 8) and can't afford a more expensive suite. The travel agent said to just book in two room with friends and then go ahead and sleep all in the same room. Have any of you done this? We're considering the Glory.

Esther

Never done it - but it really shouldn't be a problem. She could always bring air mattresses like the type for swimming pools.

Keep in mind that on the Conquest class ships that the inside cabins have 2 twins and two pull-downs (bunks from the ceiling). Is she going to be comfortable putting any of the kids in these types of bunks? The outsides have one bunk and a convertable couch - which you could probably sleep 2 of the youngest - one on each end.

Just bring some Cedar chips and put it down in the shower...THEN have your smallest child sleep in there. It's really a good time b/c the water will be soaked up by the Cedar. PLUS - he won't have to walk far to pee pee. THEN you'll have more room in the cabin!

(im really bored, sorry...)

Have any of you sailed with 5 in a stateroom? My sister has 3 little kids (under 8) and can't afford a more expensive suite. The travel agent said to just book in two room with friends and then go ahead and sleep all in the same room. Have any of you done this? We're considering the Glory.

Esther

We cruised with my daughter Girl Scout Troop. We had 5 in the room, two adults, 3 teen girls. I think on slept on a rollaway. It was tight!

This is only our 2nd cruise but on our 1st cruise with RCCL we put 2 kids with us and 1 with the grandparents. Our kids were 9,6,5 at the time which was this past Feb. A couple nights our daughter wanted to sleep in our stateroom....which was not a problem.We had an Oceanview stateroom which had 2 twin beds and 2 twin pullman beds above. We had the 2 twin beds together as a king , our 2 boys 9, and 5 at the time slept in one of the pullman beds and our daughter 6 slept in the other, and my hubby and I slept in the king. The kids had no problem with this. On our cruise on the Victory Nov 13th 2005 we were gonna do the same, but just decided to do 5 in a cabin with a rollaway. We figure we are never in the room and we have late seating so when we are getting ready for dinner the kids are in Camp so its not a big deal. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Cruising :)

It's a problem with alot of the newer ships. Unless you travel on a cruise line with family cabins, you may be out of luck. Disney is designed for families and is more accomodating than other lines. RCI has family cabins and suites but they are costly and it is often cheaper getting 2 separate cabins. Carnival is difficult to get 5 in a cabin, even connecting on the Spirit class. Don't know about the Destiny or Conquest classes. I was told that it was primarily Coast Guard regulations but it may just be an excuse. By the way. Cruise ships that are sailing full are doing so because they have a maximim number of passengers and not because all of the cabins are full. If all of the extra berths are full, there may be several empty double cabins. Good to know if you need to change your cabin for some reason.

Archived