Waitlist of dining time? True?

I contacted RCCL with the e-mail address given here to ask for the earlier dining time. They did respond the next day and said that times were set up the week before sailing and they would make every effort to accomodate us and we would find out on debarkation. It was nice to have a response.

So, our TA called also and said that we were put on a waitlist for that time (our cruise is 3/27) on Liberty and won't clear until departure and only the maitre'd can assist us once on board.

Is this how it happens? I'm not eating at 8:30-9:00 at night, nor are my kids. I'm so ticked. If that is the case and we can't have the earlier time, do you suggest we just go ahead and sign up for MTD, then. We will try to get on the ship as early as possible. We like to meet new people and have no problems sitting at larger tables. I would rather do that then be seated somewhere just the 4 of us, in a place that is not nicer than the rest of the dining area. Is the MTD on Liberty seating still nice and not tucked away?

Thanks

MTD is in a section of the main dining room--you won't feel "tucked away".

It's been my experience that you WILL be giving the dining time you want--it just might not happen on the 1st day.

You can do MTD, and if you want to, I'd call and request it now, rather than wait until you board.

I'm not sure why your TA didn't request the early (main) seating when you booked--that's pretty standard to do!

I agree about the larger table--it's MUCH more fun.... and even with MTD, you can request to be seated with others (assuming others want to be seated in a group!)

Tisha, the earlier seating does book up fast - particularly when you are cruising during spring break and there are a lot of families on board. It is not unusual to be denied your preferred time, simply because many passengers signed up for it a year or more earlier.

During my last cruise I had to take the late seating and there wasn't availability to switch once on board. I ended up feeding my children in the Windjammer or via Room Service and then letting them go to the Kids Club while we had a late supper.

Since there is no guarantee you will achieve your desired dining time, My Time Dining is a great option - especially if your kids are older. No rush getting ready when you've been on excursions all day - go when you want to eat - and not miss a thing with regard to the entertainment. You simply have to call now to sign up and be prepared to pre-pay all your gratuities in full when you do.

Thanks. Who do I call for MTD, do you have a phone number? I think I'll discuss with Hubby tonight. Thanks for letting me know this happened to you, so I know that indeed it DOES happen. Do I have to pick a time now when I call, or do I do that on the ship.

I'll remember to request being seated with others! Thanks for the info. We did book this cruise later than most people...just 2 weeks ago..basically 5 weeks before the cruise, so it does stand to reason that we would be on a wait list.

Here is a link to all the Royal Caribbean My Time Dining Information. The beauty of this is that you can call in the morning, request a time that night - or simply show up when you want to. Different times each day is okay!

Your TA can set you up with this, since you have to pay gratuities immediately and they are the ones that collect the $$$ :)

Have a great cruise!!

The time we had late seating we were also traveling with 8 other (adult) family members. We fed the kids at the Windjammer or room service and then they went to the Adventure Ocean while we had a nice relaxing dinner. They actually prefer this over eating with us at the main seating! We did get main seating for our upcoming March 29 cruise so we will eat together and then let them go to AO after. They really just want to go to AO, they only eat first because we make them!

Whatever you end up doing, it will work out. I haven't had a dining experience yet that wasn't workable.

Have a great time!

Archived