Serenade of the Seas Nov 21 - reservations are cancelled

Last fall I bought a cruise on Serenade out of San Juan Nov 21, and got a favorable price for cabin D1 - 1104. I was really looking forward to this cruise, my 15 with RCCL. Now, I my TA informs me they have charted the whole ship, and offer me sailings at other dates, at the prices which is offered today. This means my D1 category becomes much more expensive, and I do not get the same position of the cabin. They also offered other ships, different routes. The only thing they offered me was a $ 200 per cabin on board discount. I think this is really too little, I have used a lot of time planning this trip, flights from Europe to SJU are not easy to find, and also looking for hotels. is it legal to cancel a cruise without compensating more than what they offer me? If I take a cruise 2 weeks later, same ship, a D1 is more expensive, the $ 200 does not cover the difference in price. Anyone else being in the same situation? I have to response to the TA within march 9, or else they cancel the whole reservation.

thogersen@live.no

I am in the same "boat" as you although our cruise was booked for the week of the 28th...it too is cancelled with the same options being given. Actually I had booked the week of the 28th and the week of the 5th so we were doing a B2B. I don't like the offer because if we book the 12th, that will put us back on the 19th. So close to Christmas. Not sure what we are going to do. Good luck with your plans, and please post if they end up giving you anything additional.:(

I'm surprised Royal Caribbean doesn't offer the same room for the same price on a sailing that fits your schedule. This is unfortunate, and ashame more isn't done to compensate your time and planning efforts.

Generally, i believe...RC offers price protection when they cancel a cruise....Hmmmm...maybe your TA is wrong...

I would request a Conference call with RC and the TA....i really think that RC protects your price....any CCer TAs around????:confused:

RCCL will do the price protection on the other cruises they offer. Unfortunately, you may not get the same cabin, but you will get the same category. They will also give you a $100 per person air change credit.

We had this happen a few years back on Celebrity (Constellation). They cancelled the cruise after we had booked the air and everything. It just disappeared off of the internet-poof! They did not notify us either. Then it was reinstated, but the dates were changed. It seems it had to go into an unplanned drydock. When it reappeared, the prices were LESS and they offered to pay the change fees for the plane tickets we had already bought (it was a transatlantic). We upgraded to a sky suite for what we had paid for a C.C. balcony. It all worked out for us but there were certainly people who could not move their plans to two weeks earlier. I think RCI should be giving you better compensation than what they have offered you. Good luck!

Archived