Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Hey there fellow losers.... I think this thread has officially come to the end of its life! :( Not sure what I'll do now...I have a few pounds to gain from some upcoming trips and then a few pounds to lose before I cruise again!!! :D

Just for the record, I'm still running - but only about 18 miles a week. I have incorporated Chipotle into my diet so Lord knows I should run a bit more to counter-balance that evil indulgence!

B

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

I just got back from vacation back in the states. It was great to see my family again. And I am now engaged. I proposed to my Fiance at the Snow White wishing well at Disney land. I told her to make a wish and when she turned around I was on one knee. She said yes and that was her wish!

After the Disneyland/Memorial day weekend, we went to Las Vegas for 3 nights and had a blast. Well home now, so a lot of cardio will ensue!

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing that.... [as I wipe a tear away!] What a great surprise.

Thanks, we are going to go to Disneyworld for a few days and then a Disney cruise for our honeymoon!

And for losing before that. I have been doing more cardio than weights for the last couple of weeks. Ran to work today, and will run home! Lost 6 pounds and need to lose 6 more for my goal!

Congradulations Ordie, both on the proposal and on the pounds lost. You are really working hard and you should reach your goal pretty soon!!

I went in Costa Rica at the beginning of the month to meet with a surgeon for my jaw. I am going back in a week and having the surgery done on July 6th. When I arrived home, I fell on my knee. Since then, it was really in pain and I have done a lot of rehab work for it. Since I couldn't do a lot of cardio, I gained 2 or 3 pounds :eek::( We also had a problem with our pool and it was always dirty. I did not want to swim in it.

Yesterday was the first time I was able to take a walk outside, The pool is finally clean and I did 1000 feet of arms only brass strokes. Last Wednesday, I received the Mari Winsor Slimming Pilates DVD collection. It is not to demanding for my knee and it is a good total body 20 minutes workout.

I will keep on doing the rehab for my knee because my goal for now is to do the Hip Hop Abs program next fall. When I'll be in Costa Rica next week, I intend to keep on doing somekind of workout every day even on the morning of the surgery. The rehab for my knee can easily be done while sitting on my bed so I'll be able to do it while recuperating next week.

In Costa Rica, I will be staying at the Chetica Ranch which I visited at the beginning of the month. It is located on a land where nature is at it's best and tranquility and serenity is number 1. When I'll feel strong enough, I will walk on the ranch and take advantage of the nature that will surround me.

Brenda, I don't want this thread to be dead, We can easilly bring it back to life!! We all need some incouragement especially in the maintenance period. Let's move our booty a little and keep on loosing!! We are the Winning-Losers after all!!!

I am on MyfitnessPal.com and I created a thread called My 2010 challende 52 7/7. The challenge consist on doing some kind of exercise every day of the year. This thread is what has kept me moving since the beginning of the year. Some days, I only went 5 minutes on the treadmill. It is not a lot I know but I did not spend weeks doing nothing like I did in 2009 and that is a major +.

I finally have lost the awfull 6 and I am now working on losing the 5. I hope the Pilates DVDs and the swimming will get me there soon!!!

Here's to the revival of this beautifull thread!!!

Hello! Can I join in? My next cruise is next July and I'm looking to lose about 70 pounds. I'm actively exercising and watching what I eat. Currently, I am using the P90x program (every morning before heading to work), and hitting the gym during lunch break. Also I've been watching what I eat and taking the Alli pills as well.

Thanks!

Good morning everyond and welcome ItaliaBella,

You sure can join us. I've heard about the P90X program and I applaude you for doing it so diligently on top of going to the gym at lunch time.

Because of a back and a knee problem, I cannot do P90X but I am able to do the Slimming Pilates Program.

Welcome in our circle and don't forget, we are all Winning-Losers!!!

Ran to the gym today, weighed myself before working out and... I am 2 pounds away from my goal! I think I will keep trying to go lower. So running more, not eating 3 hours before bed, no soda, and a lil meltdown really does work! Who da thunk it?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to lose a little before my September cruise. I have one suggestion (and it is not original by any means). Get the snacks and junk out of the house! If you can't sit down and eat it at home, that is a huge help! Sometimes I really WISH I had something to snack on, but by the next morning, I'm so glad I didn't!

Just before Easter, the Lindt Chocolate Store went out of business in my city. I bought a few pounds at 70% off! It was sooooo good -- but now I know it wasn't worth it! Don't buy it, don't bring it home -- then you can't eat it!

Good luck to all of us!

Hi! Can I join in here too? :-) I am cruising with my entire extended family next June and I need to lose at least 25 lbs by then. Eating-wise I'm not doing too well, but my husband and I started the P90X program too (oh my gosh is that difficult!) Hopefully I'll start to see some results!!! I gotta get rid of this baby weight I"m still carrying around after 1 year :-/

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 more day until we leave for Orlando 35 lbs down. I've worked hard and don't plan on gaining any lbs back while on the cruise. I plan on spending a lot of time at the spa and enjoy other thing, not just food.

I'm going to enjoy myself without over eating and still get in a moring workout so I keep myself on track.

I absolutely hate exercising...I have an elliptical at home but I havent been on it at all this week. I started dieting January 12 and I have lost 15 pounds since then. So at least I am on the right track. I live in Texas and I have been married for almost 9 years and I ahve 3 kids ages 8,5,and 2. I am 28 years old and I work full time at the County Courthouse here and I go to school online to get my criminal justice degree.

photo retouching

Wow I am impressed with everyones hard work and weight loss!!!!!! I thought I was good with running 3-4 miles a day but I see there are some on here running 6 + .. awesome! Anyway we are going on Carnival Liberty in October and started with goals to loose weight. We have been sucessful :D i started a blog to help motivate others ... feel free to read. I will be adding tips daily :cool: http://scottiesoverthetop.blogspot.com/

Update. Now 192.4. 14.6 lost since 07/17 yeah.

Great job dude. I woke up this morning at I reached my goal. I wanted to get under 160 and I weighed in at 159.6! Thats a total of 19lbs since July! Now I just have to maintain.

Great job dude. I woke up this morning at I reached my goal. I wanted to get under 160 and I weighed in at 159.6! Thats a total of 19lbs since July! Now I just have to maintain.

Update. 190.8. Thx for your update. Looks like the 80's are coming my way. I'm attempting to be around 170 on my cruise 11/72/2010. So I'm 20 away foam tgat with 2 months and 3 weeks to go. I would need to lose at least 2 ponds a week avg to get there.

Hello everyone, I'm Terry from Tennessee and am 51. I just got done posting this really long post and wasn't even finished and hit some button and it deleted it all. So am going to make this short. I find the best way to lose is count calories and exercise at least 30 minutes three days a week. You don't have to start with 30 just what ever and then add more as you get more used to it. Just plain walking is great if you don't have anything else you can do, of course I realize walkilng is too hard on some because of health issues. There is a great site called caloriecounter.com. It has lots of great information and will tell you what you need and how long it will take you to lose what you want to. Anyway I hope this helps. I still need to lose 40 pounds. Oh yeah, and water, water, water. Drink lots of it, it will really help. Counting calories also helps you make better choices because the better choices you make the more you can eat. Good luck to everyone and I will be checking back :)

Terry

my e-mail is ter1050@united.net if anyone wants to be my buddy!

Archived