Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Gravol is for motion sickness and it is a sleep aid also. I had a major head trauma when I was 19 and since then, I sleep only 3 to 4 hours a nignt. I take Gravol every night so I can sleep better. I have taken alchool with the Gravols many times over the years whether on land or in flight. It is nothing new to my body. Thanks for your concern Kudos 11_7_102.gif

:eek: You plane hater!!!!!! Just joking. ;) Nothing to worry about.. I'm sure your flight will go well...Just bring something to read or do........ I know someone that just went around the world in her Mooney with another women. Broke the world record, they did it in 8 1/2 days.. At least you don't have to be in an airplane with no bathroom for about 14-15 hrs. :eek: By the way a Mooney is a single engine four seat airplane, which the back seat was taken out to put a fuel tank in...

So I think you will be fine.

This reminds me of my MIL. She got her private pilot license about 10 years ago after her husband died and she wanted to do something adventuresome. I think it is a fascinating thing to be able to pilot your own plane..... it's just scary as heck for me to think about doing something like that myself. :eek:

Dominique: I hope you are able to relax and get some rest on your flight. Would watching a movie on your laptop on the plane help distract?? I'm all for medicating or having a little cocktail if needed. :p

Milaandra: I can so relate to being a carb addict. I still have plenty of carbs in my diet I just really (really, really) try to limit them. Out of guilt when I don't do so well I feel that I have to make up for it with extra time on the treadmill or more strenght training or whatever. It is a cycle of guilt that I haven't learned to deal with yet. I would like to allow myself an indulgence once in awhile and not feel that I need to do penance. :o

Matt shy? Nah!! Likeable and adorable, yes!

It is only a little after 6am her in CA and my tummy is already growling. That's what I get for waking up early .... I usually don't eat until 8am. I don't want to eat something this early because then I'll be hungry again later this morning and keep snacking. Errrr....I'll have to take an extra banana or other snack with me to work.

Take care everyone,

B

emmysmommy I started my getting my pilot's license in Dec 1997 and have about 470 hrs now. Which isn't much being I have been flying for almost 12 years. Takes a long time to build hours. I haven't done anything adventures like that either. Some day I would like to fly in the women's air race.. which they just had. Planes aren't as scary as the media makes it to be.. Its a safer way of travel. My husband prefers me to fly then to drive down to my folks place..

missou okay, yea looks like you know how your body will handle it.. I don't think anyone is a good sleeper on planes unless you can lay out on the seats.. Which my lasted few flights in commerical there hasn't been any room to do that.. I sleep better in our plane LOL.. The engine is a good noise maker. :D

PS I think we all have weakness for carbs.. I have weakness for cokes. I'm getting better but still have them from time to time. Even on this diet I have a few carbs and normally not the good ones.. But trying to improve and not get to carried away before my cruise. :rolleyes: I did come down on my weight, but will see on Monday if I'm below my target weight for Monday...

Dominique: We have cruised the Majesty twice in the last few years (out of Charleston). She is a sweet, but older ship. These has always had a great crew from what we had and what I have heard. Don't expect all the bells and whistles but we had a great time both times. Have a wonder time in France.

We'll be on the NCL Dawn 8/2/09 to Bermuda. Are you taking the Majesty to Bermuda?

Marsha

emmysmommy I started my getting my pilot's license in Dec 1997 and have about 470 hrs now. Which isn't much being I have been flying for almost 12 years. Takes a long time to build hours. I haven't done anything adventures like that either. Some day I would like to fly in the women's air race.. which they just had. Planes aren't as scary as the media makes it to be.. Its a safer way of travel. My husband prefers me to fly then to drive down to my folks place..

missou okay, yea looks like you know how your body will handle it.. I don't think anyone is a good sleeper on planes unless you can lay out on the seats.. Which my lasted few flights in commerical there hasn't been any room to do that.. I sleep better in our plane LOL.. The engine is a good noise maker. :D

Kudos....my youngest son has always wanted to get his pilots license hopefully one day he will. Never give up on your dream...I know I will be reading all about you winning the Womans air race.:)

Milaaamdra as others have stated I too am a carb addict.

I am having a hard time today to get back on plan.:mad:

I had a dental appointment this morning and had a tooth filled so I didn't eat before(I get nervous going to the dentist) and it took so long afterwards for the numbness to go away that by the time it did I was starved.:mad:

I did get in some walking and stairs today, we took my son to the eye doctor and there is a big mall nearby went in and found some deals on sample size Bath and Body Works shampoo/conditioners and lotions they were marked down 90% so I payed 20 cents for the shampoos and 50 cents for the body lotions. These will be nice to pack for our cruise.:)

I will hopefully be able to do better tomorrow. I have a funeral to go to lost a dear patient who had a brain tumor,it never gets easier to loose them.

I am planning on healthy options for the Fourth such as grilled ground round, grilled veggies and yes there will be corn on cob and watermelon but I have warned everyone not to bring ANY desserts or they are un-invited.:D

Uninvite people who bring desert...:eek::eek::eek: Vickey, you are so mean :p:D:D

There are healthy deserts such as a bowl of strawberries or rasberries with no sugar added... Hmmm... This is so good!!!!!!!

I'm giving all you carb addicts a run for your money this afternoon. So far I have had 1 granola bar, 1 (100 calorie) snack mix pack, and 1 (100 calorie) fudge stripe cookie pack.... and I want more!!! I had to stop myself. My hubby is grilled top sirloins for dinner so I'll have a little with a salad and hopefully that will stop my desire to consume unhealthy quantities of carbs! :eek:

Now I'm feeling too lazy to get on the treadmill.... maybe a short after dinner walk will be a good compromise. I have been on it 5 days this week. I think that's good enough. :rolleyes:

vdarrell

Kudos....my youngest son has always wanted to get his pilots license hopefully one day he will. Never give up on your dream...I know I will be reading all about you winning the Womans air race.:)

Good luck to you son... I'm sure he will get his license, don't know how old he is, but he can solo at 16... I'm sure I'll do the race just for the pure fun of it... LOL don't think you will hear about it unless you listen to Aviation news groups. The regular news only reports about crashes and bad stuff in General Aviation. :mad: All the good stuff doesn't get reported on the 1st page.

As for the 4th of July, I'm really going to try not to eat a LOT of carbs.. A neighbor is having a 4th party in their hangar. And we may go out to eat dinner which we don't do a lot. But hubby is going to treat "us". It should be a nice weekend. So l'm looking for my weight to at least be the same or even DOWN...

Since I won't be here next Monday, here is my weight-in and my monthly measurments... I am not happy... I did not reach my monthly goal... Ok, my neck was a problem, but I was lazy in the last two weeks. If I hadn't been, I am sure I would have made it!!! Today's weight is 159.6... A gain of 1.2 lbs :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Missou

SW...165 lbs

TW....162.5....161.4...159.2....161.4...158.4 lbs

CW....135 lbs

Weekly weight loss....3 lb loss

Total...6.6 lbs

To Goal....23.4 lbs

Measurements

Neck......14 ....13.5....14 inches.... 13.5

Arms.......13,,,,12.5...12.5 inches.... 12.5

Bust....39...38.5...38.5 inches.... 38

Waist....34.....35...32.5 inches.... 32

Hips.....40....40...39 inches.... 39

Thighs....22....21.5....20.5 inches....21.5

Calves...15.....15....14.5 inches.... 15

Total inches lost.....5.5 inches... No gain - no loss

Uninvite people who bring desert...:eek: Vickey, you are so mean :D

There are healthy deserts such as a bowl of strawberries or rasberries with no sugar added... Hmmm... This is so good!!!!!!!

I told everyone fruit was the only option for desert so I am supplying the watermelon and others have suggested bringing their own fruit such as mimosa's or strawberry daquiri's:eek::confused:

I'm giving all you carb addicts a run for your money this afternoon. So far I have had 1 granola bar, 1 (100 calorie) snack mix pack, and 1 (100 calorie) fudge stripe cookie pack.... and I want more!!! I had to stop myself. My hubby is grilled top sirloins for dinner so I'll have a little with a salad and hopefully that will stop my desire to consume unhealthy quantities of carbs! :eek:

Now I'm feeling too lazy to get on the treadmill.... maybe a short after dinner walk will be a good compromise. I have been on it 5 days this week. I think that's good enough. :rolleyes:

It seems as if I eat alot of carbs now I notice I feel bloated and lazy(no energy) I also notice if I stick with a lean protein and an allowed carb veggie I actually feel good. I am going to have to start listening to my body as a whole not just my taste buds/mouth/tummy.

Changing up your workout routine breaks up the routine and makes it not so boring so go for it.

Unless there is a hurricane, we will spend 20 hours in St-Georges in Bermuda. I looked at a video of the island and it looks really lovely.

It is gorgeous, and the locals are extremely polite and friendly.

If you want any help deciding what to do while you're there, just let me know. Even with all my pre-cruise research, I will do things differently the next time. (And I have photos galore!)

I'm not sure if we'll do the Bermuda cruise again this spring or do a cuban all-inclusive and go Bermuda in 2011, but we will go back! I'm just worried if we don't do Cuba soon, it will open up to US tourists and the prices will go up!

GOOD MORNING

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful 4th.

I will be busy so I'll touch base with all on Monday.

Don't forget to post your stats on Monday.

To all that have loved ones in the service my thoughts and prayers and MANY THANKS go out to you and your family.OOOO

It seems as if everyone is up and posting early this morning.:):):)

Missou...you my dear friend will be missed please have a wonderful time.

I will keep you in my prayers that your aches will stay at bay so you can enjoy yourself.

Will wait patiently for all the details.

And I am still jealous but happy for you:D

I'm off to work.

Millandra, It is gorgeous, and the locals are extremely polite and friendly.

If you want any help deciding what to do while you're there, just let me know. Even with all my pre-cruise research, I will do things differently the next time. (And I have photos galore!)

We are going on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda on 8/2. I would love to have all the info/itinerary you have. I have not had much time to plan as I am recovering from surgery. We are celebrating my daughter's completing law school and the bar exam. Thanks

Missou - have a wonderful time.

Vickey - enjoy your 4th.

I am off today. Time to hit the pool (chilly...) and enjoy the sun. Rest of the weekend does not look so good.

Great news - I hit 120 degrees on my knee pt yesterday. That is the goal so I am there. Probably only 1 more week of pt. I will miss my therapist - we have become friends.

Have a great weekend all!!

Marsha

Thanks everyone for your great wishes. I do inted to enjoy my time in France and take advantage of every thing

11_7_102.gif

Wishing you a fabulous time in France. Can't wait to have you back telling us all about it! :)

take care,

B

A man and his wife were working in their garden one day and the man looks over at his wife and says: 'Your butt is getting really big, I mean really big. I bet your butt is bigger than the barbecue.'

With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measure the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom.

'Yes, I was right; your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!!!'

The woman chose to ignore her husband.

Later that night in bed, the husband is feeling a little frisky.

He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off. 'What's wrong?' he asks. .

She answers: 'Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-a** grill for one little weenie

I hope this is not offensive to anyone , but someone sent it to me thinking about our grill out this week end.

I hope my butt isn't as wide as our grill and we have a double grill.:eek:

Archived