Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

I hope everyone enjoyed their fourth. I spent my Friday golfing for my buddies bachelor party and then a cookout at his house. Pulled pork, beer, pasta salad, beans, pasta, cheese and peperoni, macaroni salad.

Then yesterday was going to a parade that my fiancee danced in. Then we went to my uncles for a picnic. Hot dogs, burgers, sausage, beans, pasta salad, brocoli and rice, jello.

Can say that the food intake was not the best and not much time working out.

Matt - sounds like typical picnic fair - oh well. Can't hurt once in a while.

For us here in Ohio it was the rainiest 4th I can remember in a long time. Lots of all day, slow rain and very cool temps. Of course with the work week starting up tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and hot.

Less than 4 weeks till my cruise and I have not done much to prepare. Totally unlike me. I usually have clothes bought and laid out to pack by now. My lack of energy due to lack of sleep has affected everything. I have tried my best to get a ton of rest this weekend in the hopes of getting back to normal next week. It will be my first whole week of full time work since my surgery.

Ever onward losers!

Marsha

For us here in Ohio it was the rainiest 4th I can remember in a long time. Lots of all day, slow rain and very cool temps. Of course with the work week starting up tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and hot.

Less than 4 weeks till my cruise and I have not done much to prepare. Totally unlike me. I usually have clothes bought and laid out to pack by now. My lack of energy due to lack of sleep has affected everything. I have tried my best to get a ton of rest this weekend in the hopes of getting back to normal next week. It will be my first whole week of full time work since my surgery.

Ever onward losers!

Marsha

Marsha: Wishing you energy and stamina for your 1st full week at work! How exciting that you only have less than 1 month before your cruise. (I think Matt's is getting really close too!)

Hopefully, you can get the rest that your body needs today.

Take care,

B

To all of you that may have fallen off the wagon during this holiday weekend.... count me as one! I tried... I really did. But the macaroni salad, deviled eggs, BBQ burgers, and spinach dip were calling to me. :eek: And it's not over yet for me. We have a church picnic/BBQ today with fried chicken (I'm really thinking of being a snob and bringing a whole wheat pita sandwhich) and all the fixins. I made a red potato salad - which of course, I will want some since I know how good it is! :D If I can say no to the dessert table I know I will have won a small victory. (I should bring my own 100 calorie cookie pack so I can execute a pre-emptive strike on that front.)

Anyways... I did do 100 min. on the treadmill yesterday since I was not eating the best. Lots of walking over the last few days as well so hopefully some of this will even out when I weigh myself tomorrow. Gulp!

Wishing you all a great Sunday!

B

I hope everyone enjoyed their fourth. I spent my Friday golfing for my buddies bachelor party and then a cookout at his house. Pulled pork, beer, pasta salad, beans, pasta, cheese and peperoni, macaroni salad.

Then yesterday was going to a parade that my fiancee danced in. Then we went to my uncles for a picnic. Hot dogs, burgers, sausage, beans, pasta salad, brocoli and rice, jello.

Can say that the food intake was not the best and not much time working out.

What NO STAIRS IN SIGHT:eek:

sounds as if you are having a nice week end.

We had our grill out indoors, Cincy got ore than us here in Middletown but it rained all day:mad: As for the food it I wasn't too bad had a grilled Angus bacon cheeseburger ,one ear of corn on cob and a huge slice of watermelon. My downfall was something I never do and that is drink alcohol I tried a mango mimosa with strawberries....I drank two:eek:

Ever onward losers!

Marsha

I wish I could do something to help...I am not too far away just ask I'll

help:).I mean it.

Please try to get some rest, we want you to enjoy your cruise.

I"m sending you all the energy I have to help you through the week along with lots of prayer and HUGS.

If everyone wants we can hold off weigh in till next week.

If you want to post your weight do and if you want to post next week just let me know.

We have no holidays to haunt us next week:eek:

I hope everyone is enjoying their week end.

works for me - 1 week closer to my cruise then. I know I will not reach my goal but if I can cross the big 2 threshold that will be great cause to celebrate (and treat myself to a massage on the ship).

Marsha

If everyone wants we can hold off weigh in till next week.

If you want to post your weight do and if you want to post next week just let me know.

We have no holidays to haunt us next week:eek:

I hope everyone is enjoying their week end.

I for one am skipping weigh in this week. :D I did only have 1 piece of fried chicken at the picnic today but the rest of the food on my plate didn't exactly make anyone think that I'm trying to lose weight. And no treadmill today either.

Hope everyone has a great evening and I'll check in tomorrow.

B

Weigh in will be postponed until next Monday

We all should see big results :D

Busy day ahead....work, and then I am off to see my urologists for some minor adjustments(I hope) to my interstem implant. Then I am hop[ing to fit in some form of exercise.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Thus week we are going to stay on plan

We are motivated,encouragerd and positive about losing.:):)

I am still going to post my weigh in today. Next week will be my last monday till I get home from the cruise.

Today i was at 195.8. Only a gain of 1 pound. So not bad. I am glad that it rained in Ohio for the 4th and not in Pittsburgh. But it was still very chilly here. Only 72 for the high.

I am already getting back on the workout brigade. I did a 30 minute video last night. This morning I did 50 crunches and 50 pushups and 104 (8 * 13) stairs. I am getting ready to get in my car to go to work, where I will do another 160 before work and probably 160 at lunch time.

My breakfast today is going to be some watermelon (small portion of it). Lunch is Beef Stew and some grapes. I think that tonight we are going to do another video, so that is good.

As for my measurements, they are the same as they were last month. But I can tell my waist is losing as ,my pants are looser on me. I just wish I would not have hit my plateau and I could have hit 180. Oh well, this just means that when i get home from my cruise, i will have to join my winning losers back here.

Hi Everyone!! I got back late yesterday night and just want to check in and say HI!!!! I will go back and read all the posts tonight, I have to catch up on some things at work here..:o But I did want to post my weight I am shocked:eek: This morining I weighed in at 265... HOW I have no idea. I did only eat twice a day in St Martin and nothing really crazy... But I did have some of those fruitty creamy drinks... Oh well... Hopefully this will not bite me in the you know where!!! I have to say I did walk the beach for over an hour one day and that yeaterday I walked from Terminal A to Terminal F in Philly. Maybe this offset things? Hopefully!! No gym today as I am really tired from my flight last night (did not get home till almost midnight) I think I will try squats and crunches when I get home before dinner.

Ok I will read and reply to other posts tonight, I really do hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and that this week is going to be a great weight in week again!!!!

Renee

Good evening fellow losers.

I hope BBQ country style pork ribs are not too bad for my diet because that is what I had for dinner tonight! :D I tried to keep my portion small but..... I told my hubby to PLEASE finish the few ribs that were left before he went to the gym because I would probably finish them off by myself while he was gone. :rolleyes:

For penance, I ran an extra few min. after dinner on the treadmill.

Hey Matt: Are you getting married on July 18th? My boss' daughter's wedding is that day and I started to wonder...how exciting for you that your wedding and your cruise are so close!

Take care,

B

Good evening fellow losers.

I hope BBQ country style pork ribs are not too bad for my diet because that is what I had for dinner tonight! :D I tried to keep my portion small but..... I told my hubby to PLEASE finish the few ribs that were left before he went to the gym because I would probably finish them off by myself while he was gone. :rolleyes:

For penance, I ran an extra few min. after dinner on the treadmill.

Hey Matt: Are you getting married on July 18th? My boss' daughter's wedding is that day and I started to wonder...how exciting for you that your wedding and your cruise are so close!

Take care,

B

Brenda,

My wedding is July 18th. Just 11 days now. I can't believe it is here already. Time has flown. We are getting ready to pack everything now. Can't wait to do all that packing.

We are going on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda on 8/2. I would love to have all the info/itinerary you have. I have not had much time to plan as I am recovering from surgery. We are celebrating my daughter's completing law school and the bar exam. Thanks

The ship: The Venetian is better than The Aqua dining room - the salads are amazing - chicken satay is a salad - don't miss Bollywood - bring your own travel mug

Bermuda -

Give me an idea of the types of activities you like to do. I highly recommend the transit pass for the three days. The ferries are clean and quick between the cities and the buses give you a wonderful overview of the islands.

St. George is lovely and historic. You can get your passport stamped there. There are wonderful museums and the town crier does this funny little bit every day at noon. For cheaper food, there is a very nice little coffee shop/bakery across from the civil war museum. St. George has a gorgeous park, then you can walk to Tobacco Bay (if you're up for the hills) which I hear is great for snorkelling. It doesn't have the nicest sand, though. (The south beaches kick Tabacco's butt.) I would recommend taking the ferry to Hamilton, then to St. George. Explore the town until the afternoon, then take a bus to the caves, followed by a pitcher of rum swizzle at the Swizzle Inn. (We didn't do either of those, but we will the next time) Then take the buses back the slow and picturesque way back to the ship...I would guess about 2 hours all-in-all. Take the shore routes. The first day in port both Hamilton & St. George have street festivals...we didn't do that either. (My goodness, what did we do?)

The second day, I would largely devote to the south beaches. Horeshoe Bay is about 20 minutes on the bus, then there is a little shuttle van for $2 each way up and down the hill. It's stunning, and you can walk along the beach and discover all sorts of pretty little bays. Horseshoe even has a little cave if you need to cool down. There are facilities and rentals. These are the pink sands and turquoise waters...volcanic outcroppings sculpted by the waves...amazing! Soft, soft sand. Crystalline waters. When you've had enough of paradise, you can go to Hamilton from there. (You could also visit Gibb Hill Lighthouse, but it's one heck of a hill, so you might want to catch a cab. It's pretty close to Horseshoe. The views are amazing from the hill. I wouldn't climb the lighthouse again though...it was just scary!) Hamilton is pretty and quite cosmopolitan, so you will want to change out of beachwear before you go. (The ladies wear the best high-heels...) If you like rum, you can order a bottle of Gosling's for $12 and they will deliver it to the ship.

Near the ship there is a glass-blower with demonstrations and samples of local rum cake. A few minutes away is a glass beach. I wouldn't bother with Snorkel Park, myself.

Let me know what you consider to be a great vacation and I'll try to be more specific.

Horseshoe Bay and beyond

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04270.jpg

Tobacco Bay

DSC04394.jpg

A building from the 1600's in St. George

DSC04448.jpg

Pastel cottages (view from the ferry)

DSC04494-1.jpg

Sorry for the delay...I did something silly (answered a question I knew I shouldn`t answer) and was banned for a few days.

Brenda,

My wedding is July 18th. Just 11 days now. I can't believe it is here already. Time has flown. We are getting ready to pack everything now. Can't wait to do all that packing.

How exciting.... the packing stage. You will HAVE to come back and let me know what you thought about the Valor since I will be on her a little over a month after you! ;)

Are you staying in Miami the night before the cruise or are you flying and getting right on the ship? (I sound like I'm soooo nosey!)

Take care,

B

Hello everyone, here's a little hello from France.

France is not so warm these days, but very welcoming. My hosts are lovely people. I went over the thread and was astonished!!! Are you ashamed of enjoying yourselves or what??? :eek::eek: So you may have gained a pound or two over the weedend, but you had a nice time, right??? I know I have gained a few pounds :o So what??? I will work harder in the stairs and on the treadmill when I get back home :rolleyes: I do have to remember that I am going on a cruise in 46 days. I will have 34 days of very hard work when I get home :eek:

I will go back to my hosts now. Take care everyone

Hello everyone

Just wanted to stop in to see how things are going.

This is a rough week for me so I'm asking everyone to just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I might not be on here as much as I normally would but please don't think I have gone away just distanced.

Matt....please take time this week for yourself, after this week it will be WE not ME....take some ME time this week now when you can. I am so excited for you both starting this new life is remarkable may you both be blessed with the happiness that my DH and myself have had for 33 yrs.

missou.....glad to hear from you .....have a wonderful time

emmysmommy....your cruise is soon and i am so jealous I still have three months. The ribs sounded delis.

Milaadra....your pics were beautiful.Makes me what to visit there sometime.

I also read and saw your dress you bought at Fashion Bug , I too bought one yesterday for $15.oo(it is black with a corset stlye lace up in the back and lace insert in the front,mid length ) and am going to go check out the other two Fashion bugs in the surounding areas to hunt out more. I am buying them a size smaller since I won't be leaving in 3 more months and have more weight to loose. I can't believe how many nice dresses they had for that price. Your dresses were beautiful and did the girls justice...I use to be a 40 E (at the time I wore a size 7, weighed 120 lbs and am 5'3)and had to have a reduction and am a 38 B now with larger measurements elswhere:eek:

Riddle......hello how things going....hope you are doing better and getting all the packing done.

kudos and rene.....here's hoping you both are having a winning week

See you all soon.

How exciting.... the packing stage. You will HAVE to come back and let me know what you thought about the Valor since I will be on her a little over a month after you! ;)

Are you staying in Miami the night before the cruise or are you flying and getting right on the ship? (I sound like I'm soooo nosey!)

Take care,

B

No you aren't being nosey.

And no, we are flying out of Pittsburgh Sunday morning at 6am.. Supposed to get down there in miami at 1230.. We would rather fly in the night before, but being that the wedding is interfering, we have to fly out early.

I will definitely let everyone know how the ship was.

Hello everyone

Just wanted to stop in to see how things are going.

This is a rough week for me so I'm asking everyone to just keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I might not be on here as much as I normally would but please don't think I have gone away just distanced.

Matt....please take time this week for yourself, after this week it will be WE not ME....take some ME time this week now when you can. I am so excited for you both starting this new life is remarkable may you both be blessed with the happiness that my DH and myself have had for 33 yrs.

Vickey,

we just worry when you aren't here for a couple days at a time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am taking some ME time. That is what i consider my 1 hr drive to work and then the 1 hr drive from work each day. Plus my bachelor party is Saturday. Golfing at 11 am, then dinner at 6 and going out at 9.

Dinner is at a pizza place in our neighborhood, joint dinner with fiancee and her party. Then we are sharing a limo to the city and from there going to two different sections.

I have been working hard this week so far. I have been working out in the am and in the evening, only yesterday taking a day off to clean for guests coming this weekend. Morning workout is 50 crunches, pushups and stairs. Then get to work and do the stairs and at night it is a video or gym.

I have had some good breakfasts this week (Banana the past 2 days and watermelon monday). Good lunches and healthy snacks at night (watermelon or grapes).

Have a good Hump Day everyone.

I also read and saw your dress you bought at Fashion Bug , I too bought one yesterday for $15.oo(it is black with a corset stlye lace up in the back and lace insert in the front,mid length ) and am going to go check out the other two Fashion bugs in the surounding areas to hunt out more. I am buying them a size smaller since I won't be leaving in 3 more months and have more weight to loose. I can't believe how many nice dresses they had for that price. Your dresses were beautiful and did the girls justice...I use to be a 40 E (at the time I wore a size 7, weighed 120 lbs and am 5'3)and had to have a reduction and am a 38 B now with larger measurements elswhere:eek:

Your dress sounds great! I love a bargain!

I'll betcha you were even bigger than you thought! If you were a size 7 and now you take a 38 back, I guarantee you were a smaller back then, and they put you in a bigger back size because they didn't carry your real cup size!

I didn't wear the right size bra until a few years ago when I found out via the internet how to measure myself. That's when I discovered that the department store "fitting experts" should be taken out behind the woodshed. They had me in bras that were up to 6" too big in the back!! They used to climb up and I had no idea why. I'm sure the girls would have stayed in much better shape if they had been properly supported throughout my life!

I've been avoiding surgery because I don't have back problems and I hate the thought of cutting into my body because the fashion industry refuses to believe we exist!

Hey...has anyone looked into the Gabriel Method? It's really interesting... (I already have my visual aid of my ideal body picked out...Salma Hayek in a bikini...)

Archived