Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Just checking in for the afternoon.. Only 1 more hour of work.. Done at 4.. so close to 1 more hour.. Then an hour drive home. Just ran to the post office and did my 2nd jog up the steps.. man, i wish i wouldn't have cause now i am hot and tired.

With my hosts, I just spoke about my having to go on the treadmill when I'll be back home and they showed me theirs and their stationnary bicycle. Wish I had spoken soonner :rolleyes: Tomorrow morning, we are leaving early to go to Strasbourg which is 1 hour and a half drive from here and when we will be back, we are going to the restaurant. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I will do some workout... I have to :eek::eek:

I am not eating so bad, but there is a lot of wine pouring here in France... Very good wine ;):D:D

Vickey - I am so sorry to hear you sounding so under the weather. You are usually so cheerful. I hope all is well with you soon.

Matt - it is sooner than you think! I have been to 2 weddings in the last couple of weeks - behave yourself at the wedding. One of the grooms came into the reception with a fake butt strapped on and mooned the guests. I thought it was pretty funny but a lot of people were not amused.

Missou - we all missyou!!!!! Get home safely.

I'm off to the doctor tomorrow hopefully with help with my sleep problems.

Marsha

Missou: oooooo!!! Wine! Cheers to you. :D

Vickey: Hoping for a brighter day tomorrow and an easier week. Hang in there.

Matt: I'll hold you to that Valor review.... I'll look for it on the Carnival board. :p

I am making a decision to not go on the treadmill today. No reason. I just don't feel like it. I'm eating a weight watcher entree and some cottage cheese for dinner so I don't feel too guilty.

take care.

B

To funny 3 of us will be on that ship.. Of course we have a 5 hour drive down.. :( But it works, have done it before. :rolleyes: As we say in flying hope you have tail winds and blue skies on your cruise... Just need to save some FOOD for us...

Do I make number 4?? Valor for the second time in Nov!!!

PS I think we all have weakness for carbs.. I have weakness for cokes. I'm getting better but still have them from time to time. Even on this diet I have a few carbs and normally not the good ones.. But trying to improve and not get to carried away before my cruise. :rolleyes: I did come down on my weight, but will see on Monday if I'm below my target weight for Monday...

Carbs.... my favorite!! I had quite a few tonight. Sometimes you have too indulge but always in moderation,.. That has been a hard thing for me to do because I love to eat...

Great news - I hit 120 degrees on my knee pt yesterday. That is the goal so I am there. Probably only 1 more week of pt. I will miss my therapist - we have become friends.

Have a great weekend all!!

Marsha

Thats great news!!! Hope it improves even more!!

Missou: oooooo!!! Wine! Cheers to you. :D

Vickey: Hoping for a brighter day tomorrow and an easier week. Hang in there.

Matt: I'll hold you to that Valor review.... I'll look for it on the Carnival board. :p

I am making a decision to not go on the treadmill today. No reason. I just don't feel like it. I'm eating a weight watcher entree and some cottage cheese for dinner so I don't feel too guilty.

take care.

B

Alright.. it will be there.

Vickey - I am so sorry to hear you sounding so under the weather. You are usually so cheerful. I hope all is well with you soon.

Matt - it is sooner than you think! I have been to 2 weddings in the last couple of weeks - behave yourself at the wedding. One of the grooms came into the reception with a fake butt strapped on and mooned the guests. I thought it was pretty funny but a lot of people were not amused.

Missou - we all missyou!!!!! Get home safely.

I'm off to the doctor tomorrow hopefully with help with my sleep problems.

Marsha

Yeah, it is 9 days now till the wedding and 10 till the cruise. I am super excited.. but we have so much to do before the wedding. We are walking in to Walk this Way by Aerosmith and Run DMC. When they sing Walk this way, we are going to do the dance from the end of the Super Bowl halftime show a few years ago... (2001 i think).

Yeah, it is 9 days now till the wedding and 10 till the cruise. I am super excited.. but we have so much to do before the wedding. We are walking in to Walk this Way by Aerosmith and Run DMC. When they sing Walk this way, we are going to do the dance from the end of the Super Bowl halftime show a few years ago... (2001 i think).

Nice! I'd love to see that on YouTube! :D Single digit countdowns (well, almost for both events!) HOW EXCITING!!!!!

I'm dressed and ready to get on the treadmill but thought I'd drop by and say 'hey'.

I'm hanging in there with my eating today... went to lunch with a few friends and guess my choice from the following:

a. Chorizo burrito with fried potatoes

b. Bacon, avocado, cheeseburger

c. Orange French Toast with maple syrup and a side of bacon

d. Cobb Salad w/ ranch dressing and garlic bread

e. Roasted Turkey sandwich on whole grain bread (hold the mayo) with side green salad with basalmic vinegrette

Ok... I really wanted A through D but I ordered E! And I only ate 1/2 of the sandwich and saved the rest for dinner with another salad and a pear.

I'm off to break a sweat!

Take care,

B

As for my weight, I'm not drinking beer anymore at night. I'm also having very little carbs. But the weight seems to be going down slow. The funny thing I have a chart for my weight on my iPhone and its still has me under the green line.. So I guess that's good. I have a goal set in to be down to 120 by the end of Aug... So looks I'm still on target.. Just seems to take a long time..:o

Hopefully my weight will be down to 131 or 130 by Monday. I finally got a walk in today. It has been raining a lot, so no walks for a few days...:cool:

I am very happy to see that most of you are well and I hope that those who aren't will be back on track as soon as possible 11_7_102.gif

I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he wants to see me quickly about a problem. I did a little research on the web and it seems that the problem would explain my back pain, my bloated belly and other symptoms that I was taking for granted. That means that I will need to have an intervention that could stop my red weeks for good!!!! That would be so nice!!!!! :D:D The best thing about it would be to get rid of my back pains... A life without pain... What a dream!!!! :p:)

Take care everyone 11_7_102.gif

Don't stress too much about the little weight gains/losses. They will even themselves out.

Missou - hope you trip is still going well. When will you come home and be able to see the doctor again?

I am off at 1:00 today so it is out to the pool to do laps, relax and enjoy the hot, sunny weather. Just need to watch the sunscreen especially on my scar.

Vickey - thinking of you and hope you are ok.

Marsha

Hello Marsha, I have an appointment with the doc on August 17th... I think he will start by giving me some pills but I hope I will have the intervention quickly. I am home on July 20th in the afternoon. My belly can't wait to get back home to a normal eating regime :D:D:D

Take care everyone e006.gif

Happy Friday everyone.

Missou: Glad to know that you have a diagnosis and know what they may need to do.... no red week ever.... ahhhhh.....

Anyway.....Other than some chips and salsa that I had with my lunch, I've done pretty good today. I'm actually just walking tonight since it is so hot out.

I did my weekly grocery shopping and made sure that I purchased plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. Chicken breasts were on sale so I picked up a couple packs of those and froze some. I'll be making a lot of chicken dishes soon! I find that if I plan my meals ahead of time and stick to my grocery list of healthy items I do much better. (I did sneak in an angel food cake in my grocery cart. :p)

Vickey: Hope all is well.... miss seeing your posts.

Matt: Wow! 8 days - can you contain yourself?

Kudos: Hooray! You beat the July 4th weight creep! Good job.

Marsha: Hope the swim was refreshing! I should have put my suit on and swam instead of taking a walk since it is still about 78 degrees outside here.

Rene: You must love the Valor to be back a second time. I can't wait to get on her for the first time. :D

To everyone eles - take care and happy losing.

B

Ok you guys, this must be the middle of the night for y'all. Wait a minute, it is for me too (3:05 am to be exact.)

Since my last post I received a phone call from my middle son saying that he was eloping to Vegas this weekend and did we want to attend his wedding? Uhhhh.... yes! So we went on-line made a reservation at a hotel, packed our bags, packed some (healthy and unhealthy) snacks, drove through McDonalds for McCafe's (I passed on that as well as any cheeseburgers or fries!) and hit the road at 9:45 PM. So here I am wide awake in Vegas.

I have no idea how good I will do with eating... I just had some blackberries so if that is an indication it may not be so bad. I did bring my gym clothes so there is hope that I may break a sweat on some exercise equipment. A little walking may be in the forecast as well.

Gotta get some sleep... later this evening is the wedding ceremony.

B

I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he wants to see me quickly about a problem. I did a little research on the web and it seems that the problem would explain my back pain, my bloated belly and other symptoms that I was taking for granted. That means that I will need to have an intervention that could stop my red weeks for good!!!! That would be so nice!!!!! :D:D The best thing about it would be to get rid of my back pains... A life without pain... What a dream!!!! :p:)

So what is the problem?? If you need a hysterectomy, is it just the uterus or the ovaries as well?

We're concerned for you. Tell us what's going on!

And don't let any of it spoil your good time over there!

Since my last post I received a phone call from my middle son saying that he was eloping to Vegas this weekend and did we want to attend his wedding? Uhhhh.... yes!

Gotta get some sleep... later this evening is the wedding ceremony.

B

Wow! Please send the couple our congratulations!

Hey Brenda, what a surprise!!!

Send my best wishes to the happy couple and have a great vacation in Las Vegas :D

I have uterin fibroids which is a bening tumor. Here is a link that will explain the problem a lot better than I could http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/uterine-fibroids/DS00078

My belly started acting up again and it troubled me, so I left the wedding reception before everyone, it was 2am. They party all night here :eek:

The seats were not comfortable and it increased the pain :mad::mad: When I left, the desert hadn't been served yet :(

I am in France and I sure will take advantage of the great cuisine!!! Good thing I am staying with the groom's parents... The left-overs are coming here :D

Archived