recommended honeymoon cruise?

mrose1120

Hey all,

My fiance and I got engaged in November of 08, and we are going to get married in November of 09. We love cruising and we are thinking of a cruise for the honeymoon.

We both love the idea of a european or even transatlantic cruise, we are not interested in caribbean at this time (family from FL, so we will be able to do those a lot as time goes on)

We will be taking extra vacation time for this, so we want to make the most of it and were hoping to find something that leaves on november 9th (Monday) or that area as the wedding will be sat night nov 7th. We figure if we do a European one we would need sunday or Monday morning to fly.

Any suggestions people can offer on which cruise, cruiselines, how to save some $$ on it.. is ALL well appreciated! So far we have cruised RCI, NCL and Carnival

Thanks!

I definitely recommend doing a honeymoon cruise! Like you we had no interest in the Caribbean for our honeymoon since we had already done those cruises 4-5 times before. So, we did a honeymoon cruise in August 2007 that included stops in Spain, Italy, Turkey, and Greece. Ours was a Princess ship because they have some awesome European cruises. You might be a little more limited on your selection because lots of the ships may have come back to the Caribbean for the winter by then. More ships are staying in Europe year round but you won't have nearly the choices that you would have earlier in the year. It might be a great time for a Transatlantic cruise though. You'll definitely have to fly to Europe on Sunday the flights are sometimes 12 hours long.

I hope you have a fantastic honeymoon! Our cruise was so wonderful, we are going back to Europe this August for our 2nd anniversary! Good luck planning your honeymoon and best wishes for a happy life together!

How about RCCL's Navigator of the Seas 12 night transatlantic from Malaga Spain to Miami that leaves on November 9, 2009?

Your other choices on November 9th are Celebrity Solstice doing an 11 night roundtrip Med sailing from Rome or a 10 night Athens to Lisbon sailing on RCCL's Vision of the Seas.

After that there is an 11 night roundtrip sailing from Southampton on RCCL's Independence of the Seas on November 12th. And several options of European sailings on November 14th.

The only other options I'm seeing close to your desired dates are a 12 night Hong Kong to Singapore cruise on HAL Volendam that leaves November 9th but I'm not certain you would be able to fly there in time with a wedding on the evening of November 7th. Or a roundtrip Panama Canal cruise like the 11 night on RCCL's Jewel of the Seas out of Miami on November 9th or the 10 night on Island Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale on November 10th - but those do have a lot of Caribbean ports.

How about Fall transatlantic on either of 2 new Celebrity Equinox or Solstice ships, either Nov. 5 or 30, both out of Rome to Ft Lauderdale? I am considering these myself. Just did Solstice; quiet, classy, excellent food in several restaurants. Beautiful enclosed solarium pool. Pricing affordable now will be a bargain in a few months. Get Celebrity to send you a catalogue.

How about Fall transatlantic on either of 2 new Celebrity Equinox or Solstice ships, either Nov. 5 or 30, both out of Rome to Ft Lauderdale? I am considering these myself. Just did Solstice; quiet, classy, excellent food in several restaurants. Beautiful enclosed solarium pool. Pricing affordable now will be a bargain in a few months. Get Celebrity to send you a catalogue.

I would consider those, but our wedding is Nov 7th :) And we want to try to be back to work by the time the next one is..

the RCI that was mentioned previous is something we are considering though...

tough decision!!

Archived