Moderate priced hotel in san diesgo

jmezmom

Hi,

We will be on a B2B cruise from Valpraiso to Alaska, stoping for the day in San Diego.

My parents and daughter are going to drive from Las Vegas to spend some time with us in SD.

They will take her to the zoo and seaport village in the days before we arrive on May 11th.

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel/motel near these places. They are not fancy people, just want a clean place not far from those locations and meeting us at the pier. My daughter would like to swim.

Thanks!

Hi,

We will be on a B2B cruise from Valpraiso to Alaska, stoping for the day in San Diego.

My parents and daughter are going to drive from Las Vegas to spend some time with us in SD.

They will take her to the zoo and seaport village in the days before we arrive on May 11th.

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel/motel near these places. They are not fancy people, just want a clean place not far from those locations and meeting us at the pier. My daughter would like to swim.

Thanks!

Try the Holiday Inn on the Bay, directly across from the cruise terminal!

HI on the Bay has a great location right across the street from the dock. Definitely check prices as it could be on the pricey side. If it is, check any of the hotels in the Hotel Circle area. They are about 15 minutes inland from downtown but there's a wider selection of lodging and prices.

There's a large public parking area a few blocks south of the docks next to the USS Midway and also at Seaport Village.

I, too, would recommend the Mission Valley area. It is literally minutes from downtown, the zoo and Sea World and you will find more reasonable hotel rates. I would recommend the Crowne Plaza San Diego-Mission Valley, I see it for $127. Or the Hilton Mission Valley for $99. I am looking at Priceline.com, these are not prices you have to bid on, just book like you would on Expedia. There is also a Holiday Inn Express in the Sea World area for $120.

Since they will have a car, I would also recommend a motel in the Mission Valley area. Check out the Best Western Seven Seas, the Comfort Inn and Suites, or the Days Inn for very basic and inexpensive lodging.

Archived