Newbie wondering if plastic pitchers are ok??

lisid

Just wondering if it would be OK for me to bring a plastic pitcher with me to fillup with iced tea & enjoy while relaxing by the pool...won't really want to be getting up & down for refills....could be lemon water or juice...whatever... What are your thoughts?:confused:

we took 2 large sport drink bottles with us(our local vender gave us 2 free green 40 oz bottles with ther company name on them. who cares there free :D) the bartenders would get a big grin on their faces when they saw us coming :p and it worked great because we didnt have to keep getting refills. we also bought the soda pop sticker. hope that helps. happy cruising

Just wondering if it would be OK for me to bring a plastic pitcher with me to fillup with iced tea & enjoy while relaxing by the pool...won't really want to be getting up & down for refills....could be lemon water or juice...whatever... What are your thoughts?:confused:

Never had an issue!

As the OP mentioned every morning we'd fill up on the buffet deck. On most ships there is a drink dispense area where waiters or cruisers can often fill up on water, coffee, tea, etc. There is generally a water / ice machine there.

Enjoy your cruise

You'll be fine bringing your plastic pitcher. The one issue is they may not allow you to put the pitcher directly to the dispenser, most ships don't. If that's the case, just get several glasses of your desired drink and dump it into your pitcher.

Definitely go for an insulated, covered pitcher to keep your beverage cold and prevent spills. And do expect to use a fresh glass to transfer beverages from the dispenser to your pitcher. It's not always required, but it's more sanitary. (For anyone who might ask: It's not the same as when bartenders take the insulated mug that is included with most soda packages because the bartender is filling the mug with the "gun" and not touching one to the other. At a public dispenser, you have to push your glass/mug/pitcher onto the dispenser lever.)

Anyway, I don't see why it would be a problem to bring one and have it conveniently at hand.

beachchick

Archived