cruise for solos

I always cruise with my kids who are not 8 and 10. They usually go to Camp for many of their activities. I always end up meeting new people while they're at camp.

I plan on going on my first solo cruise in June. The girls are going to be with their dad. I intend to enjoy myself, and I'm not worried about not meeting people. It seems to be pretty natural to meet others while on a cruise.

I've done more than 20 cruises solo, even a 35 day cruise in Asia, and I love cruising solo. I did my first solo when I was 39 to the Med on Seabourn, and I've never looked back. You will find other solos, and you will find that everyone is very friendly and welcoming to solo cruisers. If I had one bit of advice I would tell you to stick with a line that has traditional dining and not freestyle. I've found that freestyle dining is NOT solo friendly. I much prefer to have an assigned table with a group of other cruisers that I can become acquainted with from the very first night.

After my divorce in 1995, I didn't think I'd ever cruise again. Wrong! I just got back from my sixth cruise and have booked another on Carnival's new ship, the Dream. I've cruised by myself on all of them. Cruising solo (in some ways is better than cruising with someone else) . . . you can do what "you" want to do when you want to do it without feeling guilty that you're not doing what someone else wants you to do (wow . . . talk about a run on sentence :p). I've never been on a "singles cruise" but I've met so many wonderful people on my cruises . . . I have never felt "alone." Tammy

Hi, I am a single 42 year old female. Do you think It would be fun for me to cruise solo on a regular cruise, not a singles cruise?

If 95% of the people on the cruise are with some one is that a great way to meet people?

I am a Solo//Single Cruiser.....

I cruise all the time on

a "regular cruise"......

Carnival is good sitting

Solo//Singles together in the Dining Room.......

If you were to choose to go

with a Single's Traveling group.....

You will pay more............

A Cruise is a great vacation.....

And it's so easy for

a Solo or Single Cruiser........

Well, I just finished a 5 day cruise on the celebrity century. I sat alone most of the time. only for dinner I had some one to talk to. I did not enjoy the expereince.

I went to the sinlge party , there were 2 other sinlges. We had schedualed dinning.

:confused:

Would anyone reccommend the celebrity for solos.????:cool:

Most definitely YES :) Carnival is a perfect choice,there is a very good reason why they are called "the fun ships". Activities run well past midnight.Very different from some of the other lines which generally shut down at midnight to accommodate the 55+ demographic which they cater to.

Archived