10/17/2005 Trans Atlantic Galaxy??

schinz

Has anyone ever taken the Transatlantic Cruise from Rome to Galveston? I have heard these itineraries are never more then 3/4 full of capacity. The price, I guess accordingly, seems very good, and if you like a lot of sea days, a 14 night cruise, and a smaller ship this sounds pretty good. But has anyone had any first hand experience with this type of itinerary??

I've done a transat -though not that one - and it was certainly a bit soft. We, fortunately, DO like sea days (a good thing, too - 9 of them on our next cruise ;) ) If you like, follow the link in my sig for all the gory details. Personally, we prefer the C-class to the M-class, though it's not a big deal

As you said, the price is usually attractive. Did you have any concrete questions in mind?

I think this is a new itinerary. We did the transatlantic this past fall from Rome to Baltimore on the Galaxy and it was fabulous--probably one of the best cruises we've taken. We loved the ship, the crew, and had a wonderful group of cruise critic members on board. We stopped in Villefranche (Nice); Malaga, Spain; Gibraltar; Lisbon, Portugal; and the Azores. We had wonderful tours in each ports and on our sea days were never bored. There were plenty of activities to keep us involved and even computer classes on Adobe Photoshop (I took these and they were great).

We went to Rome a few days early, met other cruise critic members there and took priviate tours together as well as transport to the port. We took a mixture of private and ship tours at different ports. The weather was perfect. If you're going and need the names of the tour companies we used, let us know. We would certainly recommend them to you--especially the one we used in Rome.

Let me know if you have any questions. Below is a link to our pictures of this cruise.

Garry

Archived