Cabo: Lover's Beach or Medano Beach?

JettaGirl

I will be in Cabo in the middle of March.

This will be my first time visiting Cabo but I will not be there very long since the Sapphire Princess is only in port for a short amount of time.

What beach would you choose to go to , Lover's or Medano? And why would you prefer one over the other??

Thank you for any suggestions you can give me!

I will be in Cabo in the middle of March.

This will be my first time visiting Cabo but I will not be there very long since the Sapphire Princess is only in port for a short amount of time.

What beach would you choose to go to , Lover's or Medano? And why would you prefer one over the other??

Thank you for any suggestions you can give me!

Just fyi, Lover's beach has absolutely no facilities.

If you search the threads for Lover's beach you'll find a lot of info ... it's basically a very small beach, no facilities, water taxi back/forth (although there's a "secret" way to walk there if you don't mind a little rock scrambling), not the safest for swimming due to the number of water taxis coming in/out, plus they churn up the water which makes it no good for snorkeling either.

You can walk around the marina to get to Medano beach, we strolled slowly all the way around the Marina in maybe 1/2 hour, a little further and you're at Medano (or you can catch a cab). There's a variety of restaraunts, vendors, watersports available at Medano.

Medano Beach is in the background. Serveral bars, lots of folks, vendors and action.

IMG_7252.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

Lovers beach is the small beach in the picture below, no vendors, but nice for snorkle and short walk the picturesque ocean side

IMG_7234.jpg

Hi bobnsofi

Love your photos. We will be on the Mariner of the Seas next month. Would you mind telling me which restaurant you are at where you are enjoying the nachos and margaritas with the ship in the background. Looks like a fabulous place to try out. Was it good (drinks, food??)

Thanks, Sue

:)

suesings, it was the Mango on Medano. The walk around the marina is very nice, but is long, and a hard hilly walking finish to get to medano. A water taxi may be a good idea. The waiters will try to seat you in the tables in the sand, just walk past them to the view decks. We just do the drinks and nachos, as the food is just soso and expensive in the beach front action. Love a good view!

Archived